Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kassadin would like a VU

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdMiller

05-04-2014

how high up the list is kogmaw? he could use some animation tweaks which would help out alot of his move speed issues and stuff

Quote:
ChaosEidolon:
Wow...I always thought Harbinger Kassadin's blade looked derp, I can't believe I never noticed that. I think you're right Proximus D. I'm gonna see what I can do to get that fixed. Nice catch, thanks for pointing it out!

Kassadin is very high up the list of worst offenders in the visuals department. As JxE mentioned, he's definitely slated for a rework. I am particularly invested in his update, as he's been my favorite champ since beta.

I can't discuss timelines unfortunately, but I would actually love to talk to you guys about what you'd expect from his base visual update and all of his skins. In what ways do they work for you, and in what ways do they not hit the mark?

CynicalGiant

05-04-2014

Quote:
ChaosEidolon:
Wow...I always thought Harbinger Kassadin's blade looked derp, I can't believe I never noticed that. I think you're right Proximus D. I'm gonna see what I can do to get that fixed. Nice catch, thanks for pointing it out!

Kassadin is very high up the list of worst offenders in the visuals department. As JxE mentioned, he's definitely slated for a rework. I am particularly invested in his update, as he's been my favorite champ since beta.

I can't discuss timelines unfortunately, but I would actually love to talk to you guys about what you'd expect from his base visual update and all of his skins. In what ways do they work for you, and in what ways do they not hit the mark?

Kassadin is not a barbarian, so the constant spikes on his armor and clothing seems a bit off but I love the look of his helmet since he is obviously a reference to Darth Vader so the design should mostly stay. In terms of the rest of his attire, he was corrupted heavily by the void so I would imagine he would require a copious amount of gaudy looking technology to keep him alive outside of it, something like this:

In terms of personality I think he should be apathetic, cruel and ruthless while also being a hero. I think you guys at Riot should look heavily into Rorschach from Watchmen for inspiration of what his character should be. Afterall, he found himself in the void and must have been power hungry to want to find the void in the first place. I doubt he would be the nicest person to begin with and the void would only make him even harsher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB4lCoW9m5k

league_of_legends_kassadin_2013_by_cg_sammu-d5tqaea.jpg

Redeemed In Fire

05-04-2014

The color is something that could use huge improvement. He's entirely black, white, and this weird teal skin color. Would like to see some purple-blue on the actual model as appropriate. Even Harbinger kass is relatively devoid of color D:

Splinterheart

05-04-2014

I have a friend who's very worried about Kassadin's upcoming VO change that will accompany his VU. He's really fond of Kassadin's voice and many of his lines which he identifies as some of the best in the game.

Cosmic Warper

05-04-2014

Aside from all of the triangles and the spiked-armor, one of the visual things that you guys did not change was the charge up of his force pulse. It seems very strange in how it rotates around him, and doesn't seem to resemble the new animation for the skill. I personally don't like the rotation around kassadin because it doesn't seem like it fits. It would be nicer to see it charge up in his hand, an aura of energy getting larger with each charge and then it releases, as if he's actually concentrating the energy he absorbs to then release it in one huge force.

immortalibra

05-04-2014

Been thinking about this since last year. So I am more than willing to tell you what works and doesn't work for me, as well as some thoughts on the eventual VU

- The spikes on his shoulder don't make much sees. Maybe if the they had a different design. Same with head horns. Basically all the spike on him

- I like the face mask

- I like the glowing eyes

- I like the Nether Blade as his main source of attack. His AA and reworked W give his Nether Blade more attention

- Put emphasis on his Nether Blade particles. It's his Auto Attacks and W uses the Nether Blade, so emphasis on those animations would be cool

- When W is active have it look more than just a color change. Maybe Have it become animated, move wild like i guess?

- Take away the tubes? Don't make much sense on the character and takes up too much space in character surface

- Add legs. If the "skirt" has to stay then have it open, moved to the sides

- No toes. Cover dem feet up

- Force Pulse charge can be an aura in his hand or around his upper body or body

- When he Riftwalks he can be warped in the rift and back out. Like getting sucked in and back out

- Make him able to toggle between floating and walking

SKINS

Pre-Void

- Since Kassadin is from the Shurima Desert maybe his particles can can have a wind, sandy look

- Nether Blade can be a sword in his hand, maybe a scimitar looking one

- Makes sense for hit toes to show in this skin. Fine either way

- Riftwalk can look more like a dash as far as animation (instead of the warp) but obviously he''ll disappear like his original Riftwalk

Harbinger

- Can go with theme of him being completely taken over by the Void

- Abilities and particles can look more malevolent. Maybe a reddish black?

images.jpeg

Asatorrr

05-04-2014

Get rid of his awkward, chest-forward stance. Especially on Pre-void skin, dude has mad spine problems

immortalibra

05-04-2014

Quote:
Asatorrr:
Get rid of his awkward, chest-forward stance. Especially on Pre-void skin, dude has mad spine problems

lol that up-right float can change too

CynicalGiant

05-04-2014

Quote:
Splinterheart:
I have a friend who's very worried about Kassadin's upcoming VO change that will accompany his VU. He's really fond of Kassadin's voice and many of his lines which he identifies as some of the best in the game.

Honestly that may just be nostalgia and bias because the voice filter is jarring and the lines themselves are bland and uninteresting.

CynicalGiant

05-04-2014

Quote:
immortalibra:
Been thinking about this since last year. So I am more than willing to tell you what works and doesn't work for me, as well as some thoughts on the eventual VU

- The spikes on his shoulder don't make much sees. Maybe if the they had a different design. Same with head horns. Basically all the spike on him

- I like the face mask

- I like the glowing eyes

- I like the Nether Blade as his main source of attack. His AA and reworked W give his Nether Blade more attention

- Put emphasis on his Nether Blade particles. It's his Auto Attacks and W uses the Nether Blade, so emphasis on those animations would be cool

- When W is active have it look more than just a color change. Maybe Have it become animated, move wild like i guess?

- Take away the tubes? Don't make much sense on the character and takes up too much space in character surface

- Add legs. If the "skirt" has to stay then have it open, moved to the sides

- No toes. Cover dem feet up

- Force Pulse charge can be an aura in his hand or around his upper body or body

- When he Riftwalks he can be warped in the rift and back out. Like getting sucked in and back out

- Make him able to toggle between floating and walking

SKINS

Pre-Void

- Since Kassadin is from the Shurima Desert maybe his particles can can have a wind, sandy look

- Nether Blade can be a sword in his hand, maybe a scimitar looking one

- Makes sense for hit toes to show in this skin. Fine either way

- Riftwalk can look more like a dash as far as animation (instead of the warp) but obviously he''ll disappear like his original Riftwalk

Harbinger

- Can go with theme of him being completely taken over by the Void

- Abilities and particles can look more malevolent. Maybe a reddish black?

Kassadin is a person who has been corrupted by the void, he would need the tubes and various other technologies to remain alive. I would imagine that parts of him are so corrupted that he has to cover them up in tech in order to not feel immense pain, and maybe even to control and channel the power. I think it would be rather cool to see a mix of gaudy technology keeping him alive and the Shurima desert style clothing, and like you said I think the robes should part to the side so we see some of his legs.