Low Level Team Builder Experiment

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dreamwalker05

05-11-2014

i hate this mode in low levels i just got a garen support and a ****ing trynda who would build ap let me say this again i hate this !!!!!!!

Alekuso

05-11-2014

It takes too long to get a game

nardavin

05-11-2014

If you guys are trying to help new players learn LoL with Team builder, may I suggest you add stars (Like the ones that show the primary role of a champion, for example, Mage for Syndra) on the meta roles for each role. This would help new players that are a team captain not have to wait for a marksman jungle, or something like that, as Thales has pointed out. Here are my thoughts on what should be starred:

Top: Tank, Fighter
Jungle: Tank, Fighter, Assasin
Mid: Assassin, Mage
Bot1: Marksman
Bot2: Support

I understand this wouldn't cover all champions, such as assasin top, but it gives new players a place to start and it also shows them what they role/lane combo the higher-leveled players are generally looking for.

Obviously you would want to update this often as the meta changes, (like adding assassin top if it gets more popular) so you are not teaching new players an incorrect meta.

Glitter Corpse

05-12-2014

I started pvp today. I like that there is some role guidance when I chose a champion because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do/where to go. I have so much anxiety about how useful I am to the team or if I'm even doing my role right.

Nsaneone

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox of the Hill View Post
. . . if you go against Meta, you get screamed at. . .
Are you saying this doesn't happen in Dominion? I've played Dominion so few times, they can be counted on one hand and when I did, my friends and I had to put up with constant **** from our teammates because we didn't know the meta, so please don't pretend that Dominion is exempt from that.

Sheyikh

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter Corpse View Post
I started pvp today. I like that there is some role guidance when I chose a champion because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do/where to go. I have so much anxiety about how useful I am to the team or if I'm even doing my role right.
Then watch a stream or a youtube video.
This is the dumbest experiment I've ever had to deal with.
40 minute queue to play mid?
Bring blind pick back this is absolutely retarded.

Proximus D

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheyikh View Post
This is the dumbest experiment I've ever had to deal with.
40 minute queue to play mid?
Queueing as top or bot takes under 2 minutes, and even mid is relatively fast in my experience. If it takes 40 minutes, you may be experiencing the INVALID_CONTEXT bug (as a team captain you get that error message... as a solo queuer, you don't get anything but an endless queue which you also can't cancel with the "X" button).

Riot is aware of it, but there seems to be no immediate solution besides of "wait 1 hour until it works again". Restarting the client and waiting a shorter time like 20 minutes or so seems to have no effect.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsaneone View Post
Are you saying this doesn't happen in Dominion? I've played Dominion so few times, they can be counted on one hand and when I did, my friends and I had to put up with constant **** from our teammates because we didn't know the meta, so please don't pretend that Dominion is exempt from that.
Dominion meta: 4 top 1 bot and a good balance of tankiness and squishiness. There ya go. Did your team have like triple ADC or something? Bad team comp will still be bad team comp regardless of map.

Dr Stonecash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2014

This is the stupidest set up riot has brought to date. Playing for 3 years and this is the first time that I have had queues over 2 or 3 minutes. Waiting for 31 minutes as we speak and that is because we are waiting for one spot to fill. ****ING FIX THIS AND GIVE US NORMAL QUEUES

A Cat With Toast

05-14-2014

Maybe it is time to replace blind pick with Team builder.