Patch Preview Episode Two

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xilr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

Upvoting for finally helping Heimerdinger.

Downvoting for nerfing Rammus, who rose to power not by receiving changes but by Riot Games nerfing everyone else around him.

Thats sad when the heroes that receive the LEAST developer attention end up the best heroes.

C00LST0RYBR0

01-15-2011

Worst actors ever.... so funny.

Deth Jester

01-15-2011

"OP tanks like Shen and Morde ..."

Shen is perfectly balanced, Morde isn't a tank. No CC and utility means he isn't a tank, just a very meaty caster.

Ahri s 9 Anuses

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

Really, like Eve wasn't weak enough early game, so lets nerf her BASE stats? God **** it. Maybe people should learn how to buy wards.

Xurreal

01-15-2011

Eve did do this to teams, force them to tower hug and all.

Its obvious you're not sure which direction to go with her since the major changes in the past that affect her are under observation. Her base stats however mean nothing late game.

Early game, she's totally team dependent for ganks if she's to make an early jump start.

Lane wise, she'd have to have a significant boost from Runes/Masteries to pose enough threat to her foes in the beginning when she has no real items to boost her stats. That lil ring you guys suggest for her may improve her health and AP a bit, but its real job is kind of killing cash flow, as only a tiny tiny tiny portion of the AP on it is used to boost her 2 damage spells.

Maybe increasing AP ratio's on the 1st rank of spells just a little bit in conjunction with reducing base stats will help with her already poor early game, to make this a bit fair.

Evelynn is often kind of forced to go into the jungle when people ward the lanes (which is relatively cheap and more reliable as a surprise factor than the Oracle's Elixer). By making jungling more of a chore than it already is, this really only serves to slow her leveling rate down when jungling early on, and increase how often she would have to rely on healing due to minion damage while farming.

I am interested to see how she will turn out with your nerfs.

But i'm really only screaming inside at the changes that should be made somewhere else within her functionality. Still, Evelynn has the look and feel of a less face-rolley champion compared to other big name champions like Garen or Pantheon. Perhaps her usage ratio will go down significantly after the patch, and her difficulty will go back up to where it should be. I've been kind of hoping for that for a while.

Thanks none the less, riot! Looking forward to patch day.

Nachopop

01-15-2011

Lets hope this time Caitlyn can do something!

Bhuttzniffr

01-15-2011

Was Phreak...trying to...deep throat the boom mic?

o.o

yoppie

01-15-2011

why nerf rammus? why please tell me that you debugged his rolling ball then, at least, that killed me sometimes, the ball not hiting the champ 3 or 4 times

yoppie

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Power View Post
hello RIOT is this the guy that asked for a nerf on Rammus? because i will kick his butt with eve before this new patch arrives......

*agrees* i will kick his but with rammus even after the patch 8D

Tank Le Black

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoragnor View Post
I'm sorry, but the reason you have been mislead into thinking that eve is weak lategame and strong early is because 99% of players play eve as an AP hero. If you look at her ultimate, you will see that it increases her attack speed by 100%, and refreshes on a kill. What other hero has an ulti like that? Master Yi. Hes an autoattack champ. Build an infinity edge and a bit of lifesteal on eve, and you can initiate + teamdive like a champ. Burst down the squishy and between your vamp + ulti heal, you are back up to full. Slower mid-game as you don't have too many damage items, but come lategame when you are rocking a trinity force infinity edge bloodthirster and last whisperer, Eve is one of the most rediculously painful physical hero's ive ever seen.
(Nothing is funnier than watching a rammus get hit for 2.8k damage crits every 3 seconds even with 270 armor...)
and nothing is more fun than seen a evelyn kill herself in 3 hits whit that amount of damage in rammus thorns XD