Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Patch Preview – Episode Two

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bad element

Recruiter

01-17-2011

ppl used to laugh at me when i told them to ban rammus... i myself am a sad sad noob at rammus and have 100% wins with him

im kinda sad hes getting nerfed tho... hes always been the one hero, no matter what, that has always welcomed to a team with little less than cheers and emoticon spams... im just kinda wondering what nerfing they could possibly hit him with hard enough to make that change?

MakeshiftNV

01-17-2011

so....im not gonna be 25/0 with eve anymore?

Galafray

01-17-2011

aww, buff caitlyn and nerf rammus... my heart just sank.

Buck

Recruiter

01-17-2011

Tristana And it took the midnight train, just hell. U_U

Yorchis44

01-17-2011

SAD!!... they buffed a champ and later... they nerfed the same champ... Always people saying OP OP OP!! when they get raped by a good player. I did double kill with soraka... so is she op??

The important is the player's abilty, u must to know how to play against a champion. If people cannot do that, u keep nerfing all the champs? just for the stupid reason that people is crying becouse they do not win all times??

This is a game, sometimes u win and sometimes u lose. Always u will find good players and bad players.

Buck

Recruiter

01-17-2011

I say that what they have done is just turn down the champion of things. As it happens down the speed of movement in this Champion? ... God. Above all the damage with the jump. Maybe you should also remove the barrel and throw stones with their hands to a range no greater than 20 .... I say no more.

Lyummati

01-17-2011

so is rammus getting nerfed or buffed?

Because i rather like and play rammus and love where he's at, Also Change Twitch, I never see a twitch anymore.

Also agree with said comments, Why nerf a champ and then buff him\her again later?

People truely cry when they are beaten by a good player, its not a champion that makes a player good, its the ability and knowledge of the game that one person has and how to counter the other teams champions.

TimmyW

01-17-2011

I like this stuff... and for those of you confused by buffing/nerfing the same champ more than once, feel free to read on.

The aim with buffing and nerfing is simple:
Balance.

The idea is that while one champion may be inferior to another when compared side-by-side, the benefits that those champions can provide to a team of 3 or 5 are relatively equal.

So why buff a champion only to nerf them later?
It's all trial and error. Because player skill has a very wide distribution, you can't know until you get a wide selection of people playing the champion. Conceptually with this method, if performed appropriately, each iteration should move us closer to perfect balance.

The reality:
You'll never have perfect balance. What this means is that with each patch where champions are majorly buffed or nerfed, you'll see the metagame and builds change quite dramatically. This is actually desirable for Riot in many ways (without putting words in their mouth).
Nobody likes a stagnant metagame, because it's boring.
Build-makers get to be creative with items and ability progressions, etc.
Serious play-to-win types have to keep learning new things about their preferred champions, and/or learning new champions.
Play-for-fun types don't get yelled at quite as much for taking a champion who has been established as "inferior" by the play-to-win crowd, because a recently changed metagame means people haven't had time to do all the math, and by the time they have, that champ's on its way to the "buff" or "nerf" queue.

Bravelow

01-17-2011

1st off I dont care about my spelling or your grammer junkies. So with that said, rammus is not OP imo. However "Taunt" is OP because its aoe, and you cant do **** about it until your dead or he power balls into your face to taunt you again. Eve is far from OP. Stop being stupied and spend 150g for a Vision Ward. Or you can let her walk around the map where ever she wants and stun you where ever you want, and then cry and QQ about it so Riot can do more stupied nerfs that arnt needed. Heimer??? Ohh Heimer...Just as long as your not able to set up turrents like teemo can set up shrooms we cool. So a quick re-cap. Taunt is OP. Stop being cheap and noob and buy Vision Wards for Eve or let her walk around the map and stun you.

P.S. AP Teemo is OP i dont care what anyone says

~Bravelow aka Veigar Face Melter

TimmyW

01-17-2011

@Bravelow I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they said something in the video about changing Heimer so that his turret placement is more like Teemo's shrooms. Something about having a stack kind of like ammo that you can save up, allowing you to place them strategically.

Yell at me if I'm wrong.