there is a reason every "vlad is op thread' gets downvoted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

02felt20

01-14-2011

just sayin. less QQ or go back to WoW please.

Officer Carl

01-14-2011

this is a stupid thread

Not a Cobra

01-14-2011

Quote:
there is a reason every "vlad is op thread' gets downvoted
Yep, it's because all the vlad players are terrified of their overpowered joke of a champ getting his well earned nerf.

Servantofthe99

01-14-2011

i don't even play vlad and i don't think he's op. powerful yes...op...definitely not.

Crazyflames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

The only thing people cry about is the pool, which blocks some AOE and is hit by others, which should be fixed to either he's completely invincible or he can be hit by all AOEs and certain abilities that are currently canceled, thats just my thought on it.

ChocolatChip

01-14-2011

Yeah, definitely not OP. I hate hate hate games with him in though. I just don't think fighting him is enjoyable, but I can definitely beat him when I do have to play against him.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

I use ad hominem arguments.

Your argument is invalid.

Shaella

01-14-2011

Is it because Vlad mainers carry out a religious war on any that oppose them?

Renegade Shepard

chenjy9

01-14-2011

Don't know why people would think he is OP. He is actually a very difficult champion to master and has a lot of flaws. You have to have good map awareness in order to play him successfully

- Weak until about levels 9 when he maxes out Transfusion and can harass better. That means if you play with intelligent aggression, you can usually push him back and cause him to underfarm.
- His transfusion is weak and has a somewhat long CD in the beginning. His pool has an incredibly long CD. Use that to your advantage and pressure him right after, especially if he is dumb enough to use transfusion or pool on creeps.
- He is unable to stun, slow, enrage, fear, or taunt, meaning until he buy's Rylai's he has no CC abilities to speak of.
- Being a mage, he takes a lot of damage very fast. You can go tank build, but that really goes against what Vlad is.
- His pool, while good for escaping, costs 20% of his life. That is a big chunk no matter what.
- Unlike people like Tristana or Tryandamere, pool does not go through walls
- While Tides is great for farming, it can hurt you real bad if you are not careful about how fast and often you use it.
- His ultimate is not that great. The 14% increased damage doesn't amount to much unless they are dealing insane damage, in which case you are dead anyways. The explosion part of it is not that much either, at least in comparison with AOE ults from other champions.

Vlad is very weak early game and does not get powerful until he maxes out transfusion and picks up some much needed items. However with good map awareness or a team that diligently warns of MIA's, Vlad can become a beast mid to late game. His transfusion only becomes a great harasser when it hits high levels and his pools do have a lot of limitations. Tides also can really hurt (Will of Ancients helps), putting a limit on how often you want to spam it. The way I look at Vlad is a champion who you must have a very good understanding of as well as of the game to excel. I see him like Anivia where if you can master him, he is very scary.