Can't Type In-game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athel

01-14-2011

I've had an issue since...probably around two patches ago, where I cannot chat in-game. I have no trouble using hotkeys, q, w, e, r, d, f, and p work fine. Additionally, I can type during champion select, and after a game ends on the stats screen.

However, I cannot chat during the game. Pressing enter opens up the chat box, but I cannot type words.

I've tried logging onto a friend's account on my computer, but the same problem persisted on his account, so I assume it's a problem with my computer/client.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client, but I still cannot type.

TL;DR: I can't type.

Any idea what's going on?

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Athel, are you using Windows Seven/Vista? If so, right click the game, go to properties, compatibility, and tick the run as admin box. Then try a practice game - same issue?

Athel

01-14-2011

That appears to have solved my problem. Thank you very much.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Glad to help :-)

kalvan3

02-07-2011

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this problem but i think it is important for someone that works for LoL to see it. Lately in games i have been coming across players that r level 15 and lower that have been using level 3 tier runes. I don't know how they r doing it but it is not fare to those of us that use proper leveled runes. I would love to post some screen shots that i have gathered so far. I jst need an email address or somewhere to send them too.

ARedPoppy

02-07-2011

Prob not the best place. start a new thread about this issue and attach the screenshots.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvan3 View Post
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this problem but i think it is important for someone that works for LoL to see it. Lately in games i have been coming across players that r level 15 and lower that have been using level 3 tier runes. I don't know how they r doing it but it is not fare to those of us that use proper leveled runes. I would love to post some screen shots that i have gathered so far. I jst need an email address or somewhere to send them too.
Please do not revive an old thread that has nothing to do with your issue. Create a new thread and include the pictures as attachments and we'll take a look at it. Keep in mind that ANY lever summoner can use ANY runes--the only only thing they cannot do is purchase certain tier runes. If they purchased the Collector's Edition, they get the following Tier 3 runes to use at any level (from my experience):
Quote:
Greater Mark of Malice (Improves your critical chance)
Greater Seal of Vitality (Increases your health per level)
Greater Glyph of Knowledge (Increases your mana per level)
Greater Quintessence of Revival (Decreases your Death Timer)