Deprecating Support for Mac OSX 10.6.8

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFujiApple

05-27-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isto View Post
Over time, this switch to 10.7+ will allow us to leverage Apple's more recent tools to create a better League experience for Mac users.
I'm still hoping for some sort of LOL Replay for Mac
I know that Riot didn't make it and that they don't really think too fondly of third party software, but this thread gives me hope that better mac programs will be available in the future

We Are As One

05-31-2014

Kind of an amusing post.

While sure it makes sense its funny for the following reasons,

Security...when ya'll use Adobe Air *cough*.

More recent tools? You already use a bunch of non-apple way stuff, its somewhat of a bloody mess.

Oh or you can use bootcamp....10.6 bootcamp went up to what? Vista? But more likely they'll just end up running Windows XP -- which is probably what most League players are using...........is that unsupported too? It is by MS, does it have security problems? ...

But hey I'm hopeful that you'll start to use proper openGL, and the various core audio etc properly on mac, who knows maybe you'll even ditch the disaster that Adobe is when it comes to anything but CS* (which is still a disaster but a damn fine disaster).

And yes I run 10.8 and 10.9, but apple users have known for years that Apple kinda doesn't give a **** about people who are more than 2 versions behind the current, although its rare to find any official word on such.

We Are As One

05-31-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFujiApple View Post
I'm still hoping for some sort of LOL Replay for Mac
I know that Riot didn't make it and that they don't really think too fondly of third party software, but this thread gives me hope that better mac programs will be available in the future
Eh -- Riot had this, I tested it on PBE on the Mac Client, it worked fine.

MarioAer

06-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentscout556 View Post
I have the newest macbook pro available running 10.9.3 and literally every game i get "attempting to reconnect" at least 5 times a game causing me to dc and caused a 1 day ban. Now im affraid to even play because im afraid of getting a permeant ban.
I've a late 2012 MacBook Pro running Mavericks and I have the same problem. I've played with the same laptop but in Windows through Bootcamp and everything works fine. I'm pretty sure it is something with the client. Please HELP!!!

tedasaurus

06-03-2014

Sigh.

Boux

06-04-2014

I'm on 10.6. I updated to patch 4.9, and I'm still able to play. I'm in a game right now. THEY LIED TO US.

BlckInfi

Recruiter

06-04-2014

Concerning the upgrade for the lol client. Is it in effect or are we gonna have to wait for more patches to come?
Did not see any thread about this or any answers. The proposed date was patch 4.9 but wasn't definit.

MSUSpartan13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boux View Post
I'm on 10.6. I updated to patch 4.9, and I'm still able to play. I'm in a game right now. THEY LIED TO US.
I hope they put this off for a little longer... I have a mid 2008 black macbook, which means I can't do the free upgrade to Mavericks. I already spent money to get to OSX 10.6.8, and the idea of spending more money to upgrade a 6 year old Macbook that is falling apart doesn't sit well with me.

I don't have enough money to get a new computer though =/ A friend of mine is giving me a pretty nice PC, but we all know the issues that come with having a PC, and it's just the tower so I would still need to purchase a monitor =(

BlckInfi

Recruiter

06-19-2014

so has this been implemented yet or no?? still no news.

BlckInfi

Recruiter

07-03-2014

posted 2 weeks ago and no news on whether this upgrade to lol for mac is gonna even happen.

pretty easy to say still working on some minor fixes and hopefully will be implemented in next patch rather then not saying anything at all.