Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Griefers Beware! The Tribunal is Coming…

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aranii

01-14-2011

Great stuff Riot, I have high hopes for this!

LionHearT

Recruiter

01-14-2011

Wouldn't the IP reward make people vote in what's the most likely outcome instead on what they think it's the right outcome?

Example: "I really think that he should be pardoned, it wasn't his fault, but people are surely gonna vote him guilty so I guess I will do that too"

ZapsCaps

Recruiter

01-14-2011

very cool
hopefully this will actually help

Seehan

01-14-2011

Couldn't griefers just spam guilty, and so some players that really werent guilty will get punished?

Fairness

01-14-2011

I think that this is actually better than Renekton.

Inb4allthedownvotes, I still love Ren though.

Sofy

01-14-2011

Too bad this can be higly abusable.... meh...

Anajansi

01-14-2011

You really need to log when the player gets kills or gets killed by the enemy and by who/what. It would be necessary for reports on intentional feeding.

First example, I tend to intentionally kill myself off towers to deny enemies the kill. If I towerdive somebody, grab the kill, but have 4 people now chasing me, I'm running straight for the next turret. Just because I might have a lot of deaths in one game, which are intentional, doesn't necessarily mean I'm intentionally feeding. I don't think I've ever been reported for this, but I do it at least 3 times a game, I would say.

Second example, what if a player is actually doing fine early in the game, but has teammates which go 0/5, hence giving him very tough enemies to fight against. The player is now at a huge disadvantage and is likely to get 5-man towerdived a few times because of his teammates. He'll probably get reported for intentional feeding when 1) it wasn't his fault nor was it intentional, and 2) his deaths are likely to be spread out over time indicating that he did his best to avoid being killed.

Third example: similar to above, a player is doing pretty well early. This time, his teammates are doing fine, too. Eventually, the player gets fed up with his teammates doing stupid things and gives up. He begins feeding without saying anything. Since he was doing well early, his K/D/A ratio still looks "normal" even though he has started intentionally feeding. The team surrenders and this guy deserves punishment, but due to his normal-looking K/D/A, that is unlikely.

Allowing people to review more detailed information on how the reported player has died would eliminate the above problems.

Also, why is this not mentioned in the news? It should be. That's the only way you're going to grab more attention from the users.

Saruyan

01-14-2011

Quote:
Sofy:
Too bad this can be higly abusable.... meh...

if riot wasnt using their on suport to watch over them as well sure, but siince they are. i doubt it will be abused.

TsuruXelus

01-14-2011

Maybe if people actually read the FAQ all these things people are saying about abuse would be answered for them.

Stillhart

01-14-2011

Is it me or are both those attached screenshots the same thing?