When to start your runebook?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oxygen

01-09-2010

I wouldn't even bother with T1 or T2. No game is ever played over these trivial numbers, and consider that you can't even get a full book of them, which makes them even more trivial, since there isn't even number to make up for the lack of quality. Find a hero that you like, buy it, then T3 for it once you hit 20. I bought a bunch of heroes to see what I liked, invested 6.3k into Karthus (worth it, every single points, btw), and now I'm runing for him. Have I ever felt gimped for having no T1/2 runes? No. Realize that at every second of a game, you make a mistake, take a wrong turn, get hit when you shouldn't, don't hit when you could, miss spells, etc. that simply offset any advantage you have over someone who doesn't (hi), so instead of actually wasting time purchasing T1 runes, you could invest it trying to improve :] /endcock

DontMashMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxygen View Post
I wouldn't even bother with T1 or T2. No game is ever played over these trivial numbers, and consider that you can't even get a full book of them, which makes them even more trivial, since there isn't even number to make up for the lack of quality. Find a hero that you like, buy it, then T3 for it once you hit 20. I bought a bunch of heroes to see what I liked, invested 6.3k into Karthus (worth it, every single points, btw), and now I'm runing for him. Have I ever felt gimped for having no T1/2 runes? No. Realize that at every second of a game, you make a mistake, take a wrong turn, get hit when you shouldn't, don't hit when you could, miss spells, etc. that simply offset any advantage you have over someone who doesn't (hi), so instead of actually wasting time purchasing T1 runes, you could invest it trying to improve :] /endcock
I like.

Stealthassn23

02-22-2010

I guess you could wait for runes whenver u want... Ive played several games recently and im only lvl 7 (not many runes atm) and played with a bunch of lvl 30s and I still did well... we won prob last 3 games.

Unhandled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

As cheap as T1 runes are, I would suggest buying only T1 runes till level 20 and then buying your T3 runes. As someone else said, T1 cooldown runes aren't a bad way to go as they help absolutely every champion.

That said, I saved up 8k IP from level 13-19 and that still wasn't enough to buy all the runes I wanted as soon as I hit 20. Buy one champ, like a Yi, and then play the hell out of them till level 20. Then buy good runes and another champ for higher ELO.

Jazzminkey

02-22-2010

1)Buy the 15 IP tier 1.

2)Combine

3)ROFLSTOMP the other level 10s running around with tier 1 runes with your tier 3s

4) continue until you have a diverse page or want to start specializing in particular builds.

PatMcGroyne

02-22-2010

I waited until lvl 20 to start building mine and my rune page is as full as it can be and I'm lvl 21. Mind you I have only bought 2 champs nidalee and sivir but I try out free champs every weeks and I always go back to them.