Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RiotBrentMeister Client Patching "Freeze"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GOG DELUXE STG

Recruiter

08-29-2014

When mine got stuck, i would close it. When i opened it back up, i would start from where it was, so i just open it and close and it would work finally

flatouthero

08-30-2014

Quote:
Brentmeister:
Dannamoth has posted multiple times on this topic in this thread:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4464105

I'll put my tech support hat on for a minute and try to suggest a few solutions that might get you playing. However, the most valuable thing you can do for us is gather your logs and post them in the thread above. Especially LolLauncher logs.

Okay please try these steps 1-by-1 and check if LoL works after each one. If one of the steps fixes it, it might be very helpful to know which one:
#0: Make sure that your hard drive isn't full (should have about 4GB of free space)
#1: Disable any anti-virus software you might have.
#2: Lets see if somehow your permissions got screwed up and you can't patch because you can't write the app bundle
Open up terminal and run this command: chmod -R a+rwx "/Applications/League of Legends.app"
#3: Try changing regions/languages in the patcher
#4: I know it's a pain but as a last resort, try deleting the application and re-downloading.

I just tried #2 and it works. Thank you so much!

narutosoldier

09-13-2014

HellenK3ll3r, will you marry me?!?!

Ub3rman

09-22-2014

When it drops to 0kbps it might just be a visual bug, as seems to be the case with me. At around 75% completion, the patch speed dropped to 0kbps but continued to patch at regular speed as if it was 2000kbps (average). Wut O.o

I can confirm that the patch just completed while maintaining "0kbps" all the way up to 100%. In-game now. c;

I suggest everyone experiencing the dreaded 0kbps dilemma tries letting the patcher run at 0kbps and monitoring the completion percentage to see if it maintains it's speed for you as well. We see 0 and we automatically think we have to restart, so this was a pretty annoying bug. You could say it.... bugged me. cx

(Sorry for bad cropz)
http://imgur.com/jhybOXL
*******http://i.imgur.com/jhybOXL.jpg********

BluePlayZLoL

10-03-2014

guys anybody help me on the HellenK3II3r how to go to _1.raf?

worlddestructor7

10-04-2014

Quote:
Brentmeister:
Dannamoth has posted multiple times on this topic in this thread:
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4464105

I'll put my tech support hat on for a minute and try to suggest a few solutions that might get you playing. However, the most valuable thing you can do for us is gather your logs and post them in the thread above. Especially LolLauncher logs.

Okay please try these steps 1-by-1 and check if LoL works after each one. If one of the steps fixes it, it might be very helpful to know which one:
#0: Make sure that your hard drive isn't full (should have about 4GB of free space)
#1: Disable any anti-virus software you might have.
#2: Lets see if somehow your permissions got screwed up and you can't patch because you can't write the app bundle
Open up terminal and run this command: chmod -R a+rwx "/Applications/League of Legends.app"
#3: Try changing regions/languages in the patcher
#4: I know it's a pain but as a last resort, try deleting the application and re-downloading.

I have tried to reinstall my LoL client and it, again, freezed and i had 0kbps. I let it ran for one night and still it was stuck at the same place (i got this bug after patch 4.17, when there was a little patch to change some ability particules i think)

Kat n Diana II

10-04-2014

Quote:
HellenK3ll3r:
I have possibly found a solution for this on the Mac OS, though I have no idea if it will replicate. I opened activity monitor and went to the Network tab after the download speed went to 0 on archive_1.raf. There I saw that the "Kernel" process for LoL wasn't responding. So I double-clicked into it and quit that. Then I changed my region and changed it back. I let it sit for a few minutes and it started working again, and the download finished.

I hope this helps. Trying to figure this out was a nightmare that ate up my entire day.

ah it worked.

The god Hellen with the LCS big plays.