Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@RiotBrentMeister Client Patching "Freeze"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LoLSkilGameKappa

05-06-2014

Anyone found a solution..?

GubernacuIum

05-07-2014

I have sent a ticket and basically trying some new stuff they are recommending....will let you guys know if I figure out the solution.

LoLSkilGameKappa

05-08-2014

I tried again with patch 4.7 and its nearly the same thing except now it freezes at 389MB instead of 381. It also crashes my computer(i cant even ctrl+alt+del). I also tried doing a repair before the freeze but this crashed the launcher, it asked to send report which i did but there was an error while trying to report the error.....and then the whole computer froze

fix your **** riot

GubernacuIum

05-08-2014

Yeah I can confirm I have the same issue at 389mb now isntead of 381mb.

Riot has contacted me and sent me this:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/26932010#wq7

They truly think its a network thing, however I do believe its a FILE/Client issue not a network issue.

What do you guys think?

LoLSkilGameKappa

05-08-2014

I tried everything on the link riot gave you, as expected nothing changed

*folks in EU seem to be having to same problem: http://forums.eune.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=705634

**OK guys i was able to install it, although im not sure what fixed it. One of the last things I tried was to turn on microsoft .NET framework in programs and features>turn windows features on or off and then tick everything in the microsoft .NET framework tab.

Also for some reason my connection was rly slow when I patched (~500kbps), so the bottom part stalled before the download part reached 389MB. So i see the download stall at 389MB and im thinking its the same as before but i still give it a moment and to my great surprise after about 2 minutes the download resumes by itself and patching completes.

TheTealestBaron

05-11-2014

Did what LolSkilGameKappa did and it cleared the error too.

Too Pro to be

05-12-2014

I FOUND THE SOLUTION GUYS . just click start and run chkdsk.exe it should delete the archive_1.raf and everything will continue as normally.

GubernacuIum

05-12-2014

.exe file? Are you guys running bootcamp?

HellenK3ll3r

05-12-2014

I have possibly found a solution for this on the Mac OS, though I have no idea if it will replicate. I opened activity monitor and went to the Network tab after the download speed went to 0 on archive_1.raf. There I saw that the "Kernel" process for LoL wasn't responding. So I double-clicked into it and quit that. Then I changed my region and changed it back. I let it sit for a few minutes and it started working again, and the download finished.

I hope this helps. Trying to figure this out was a nightmare that ate up my entire day.

GubernacuIum

05-13-2014

I can't confirm what HellenK3ll3r did........however I tried patching today with full intention to try HellenKellers solution and it randomly patched all the way through. From what I can gather this problem is a very random one.

If anyone needs help I will pop by and try to lend suggestions however it seems the solution is very random.