[Guide] Nasty Nidalee - Top Tier AD Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flankd

The Council

01-15-2010

bump

flankd

The Council

01-16-2010

Does anybody have any requests? I'll be adding more to the guide as I think of stuff, I'm not an expert at making guides so if there's something you guys want to know just ask.

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I'll bump your thread!

I was wondering which skill you maxed after getting max javelin/takedown.

Also, what tips can you provide about using traps? They don't seem to have a aoe comparable to teemo's shrooms and most of the time you can only trap 1 person. Seems pretty hard to use in team fights as well.

I have trouble doing damage and figuring out when to stay in human / cougar form. It seems that though cougar form is the best for damage, you'd want to stay as human, chucking javelins most of the time?

EDIT: Does anyone know the numbers for takedown?

Isomalt

01-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrQuan View Post
I'll bump your thread!

I was wondering which skill you maxed after getting max javelin/takedown.

Also, what tips can you provide about using traps? They don't seem to have a aoe comparable to teemo's shrooms and most of the time you can only trap 1 person. Seems pretty hard to use in team fights as well.

I have trouble doing damage and figuring out when to stay in human / cougar form. It seems that though cougar form is the best for damage, you'd want to stay as human, chucking javelins most of the time?

EDIT: Does anyone know the numbers for takedown?
I use the traps often while I am being chased. I'll pop into cougar, do two leaps to get some distance, drop a trap, then javelin at the person when they hit the trap. At that point, they should be equalish health with me (or I'll have more if I've been healing), so I'll turn around and kill them.

As far as placement of traps, I try and get them all over the jungle. Another good place is in between the enemy turrets and wall, or to the right or left of the inner turret. It's almost guaranteed someone will run over them at some point, then you can nail them with a javelin for some good damage.

Getting even one person hit with a trap in teamfight is great though, as it reduces resists/armor significantly.

As far as cougar/human form, my personal approach is to Primal Surge myself, throw some spears and a javelin, pop a trap nearby/behind them, then go into cougar, burst a combo, then change back to finish em off as they run away and heal.

flankd

The Council

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
I use the traps often while I am being chased. I'll pop into cougar, do two leaps to get some distance, drop a trap, then javelin at the person when they hit the trap. At that point, they should be equalish health with me (or I'll have more if I've been healing), so I'll turn around and kill them.

As far as placement of traps, I try and get them all over the jungle. Another good place is in between the enemy turrets and wall, or to the right or left of the inner turret. It's almost guaranteed someone will run over them at some point, then you can nail them with a javelin for some good damage.

Getting even one person hit with a trap in teamfight is great though, as it reduces resists/armor significantly.

As far as cougar/human form, my personal approach is to Primal Surge myself, throw some spears and a javelin, pop a trap nearby/behind them, then go into cougar, burst a combo, then change back to finish em off as they run away and heal.
Yeah using traps is good when you're running away before you javelin backwards, it's also good early game if you're laning and you just drop the trap right behind the target and attack them at the same time, because their first reaction is to back up normally... I catch people with it all the time.

Isomalt

01-18-2010

Tried your build out tonight. It worked well... I think. I say I think because my team was stomping the enemy to begin with.

The one thing I really did notice, was that it was much more difficult for me to get the killing blow on enemy champions. Maybe that was just because of the team comp; I'll definitely do some more testing.

I also hit a few Javelins that would have killed enemy champs had I had 40 more ap. So that leaves me to wonder... would throwing a Mejais in early game be all that bad? I know it really pushes her into a hybrid build, but it is only 1235 gold.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Mejais viability/usefulness in your build.

Overall I liked your item build, I felt like it was the right progression.

flankd

The Council

01-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomalt View Post
Tried your build out tonight. It worked well... I think. I say I think because my team was stomping the enemy to begin with.

The one thing I really did notice, was that it was much more difficult for me to get the killing blow on enemy champions. Maybe that was just because of the team comp; I'll definitely do some more testing.

I also hit a few Javelins that would have killed enemy champs had I had 40 more ap. So that leaves me to wonder... would throwing a Mejais in early game be all that bad? I know it really pushes her into a hybrid build, but it is only 1235 gold.

Would love to hear your thoughts on Mejais viability/usefulness in your build.

Overall I liked your item build, I felt like it was the right progression.
Actually i've been thinking of adding Mejais to my physical build as well, the only dilemma is I don't know if I should go for it before or after my B.F. Sword. Every game could be different too but no, I don't see anything wrong with getting Mejai's on a Trinity/IE Build it's just you gotta figure out how soon you wanna get it. Because getting a B.F. Sword around lvl 9 is pretty devastating too, it's a lot of damage early game.

Gasty

01-18-2010

I play Nidalee as a hybrid build, so I can offer a little input on the soulstealer viability in this build, since I originally based my build off of this. I find it fantastic, especially in a build like this. Nidalee is one of the hardest characters to kill if you play right due to her escape velocity. If you play with flash especially, there's almost no catching her, so getting items that stack like soulstealer and bloodthirster are very safe as long as you're conservative. I've actually replaced infinity edge with bloodthirster for this reason as my first big AD item.

I'd highly recommend getting it before the B.F. Sword, as people's magic resistance around this time (level 9 or so), is still generally around 35, meaning the effectiveness of the AP boost you'll build up rapidly from the soulstealer is incredibly effective.

On another note, something I was just curious if you've played around with, Flankd, is getting magic penetration early. The build I've been doing well on I've come to after basically merging both your guide here with the Senate's unusual build earlier. I've been building a Haunting Guise as my very first item, with great success for two reasons: I've found the mana and hit point regeneration items give significantly more staying power, both in HP and in mana, over a sapphire crystal. The big kicker though, is the 20 magic penetration by about level 5 means almost 20% extra damage right off the bat, given people only have 30 resistance at this point.

I don't go a AP, my build is primarily AD like yours, just with a Mejai's and the guise in the beginning (which is later sold when people's resistances go up around level 13+). Have you experimenting with deviating from Sheen at all in this manner? Though sheen is hands down fantastic, I've found it really hard to beat the raw damage output from the penetration so early (especially since I rune magic penetration instead of armor, so it drops them to 0 early game).

My build usually ends me up with about 200-250 attack damage and 250-300 AP by the time the game is over, which given Nidalee's unique ability set I've found to be great.

flankd

The Council

01-18-2010

Yeah I see what you mean about the penetration, and I might try that out... but right now i'm going to put a rune book together which will consist of 29 Armor Pen, and 44 Ability Power at 18... and instead of going soulstealer I think I might just get void staff fairly early and the rest of my items would be physical.

Gasty

01-18-2010

Yeah my rune book is pretty much the same but for MR, 14 magic penetration and 44 ability power.