[Guide] Nasty Nidalee - Top Tier AD Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doriantv

01-03-2011

Errrrrr, I think Riot nerfed AD Nidalee a while back (after this guide was written), though they also buffed her AP ratios. All in all, I'm not sure she's a viable pick anymore, a lot has changed.

Jaemis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2011

I've actually been using this build a lot on TT. And it is quite good. I usually play AP Nidalee, but I'm on a team with a Malphite and Fiddle, and I wanted an AD carry, and I really love Nidalee. So I looked around and found this guide. Yeah, it's a bit out of date, but it still rocks pretty hard. I have a feeling it would be less effective in Summoner's Rift, but I can't really explain why...just a feeling, haven't actually tried it. Anyway, wanted to just say, welcome back, thx for the guide post, and it still melts faces. Last few games have been 20-6, 12-3, and 14-4. Actually ended a game at 9-1 cuz I was bouldozing all the turrets at lvl 13. I'd love to see the updated guide when you get a chance, I know you just got back today. I've only played about 8 games with this build, but I find that I do not have need of the spirit visage and instead skip it and get a hextech gunblade if the game hasn't ended yet. Just my 2 cents

flankd

The Council

01-04-2011

Whether AD is Dominant or not I will be updating this Nidalee guide... I may make it more AP oriented but nothing is set in stone. I've played AD recently in 5v5 and done just fine, although they weren't ranked games or anything.

flankd

The Council

08-24-2011

With the patch coming out, I will probably update the Nidalee guide within the next following weeks because of her re-work making her more "battle oriented" and less support like.

Eledhan

08-24-2011

Flankd,

I'm anxious to try your guide out. I'm a HUGE fan of ranged champions, and I love the whole Nidalee concept, but always assumed AP was the only viable way to play her. I've been playing this game for just over a year now, and I have never read your guide until today.

I have to say, I'm impressed that you can have success with AD Nid, but I do see your points and why it is viable. Because I love ranged champions (I've recently decided that I simply cannot play anything but ranged, spell spammers, stealth, and junglers), I want to try Nidalee again by following your guide.

I have a few questions for you, though.

First, do you think the patch changes, in general, will make an AD build more viable compared to AP, or less viable?

Second, the information in your guide seems to be updated as of February...have you discovered anything useful since then that you can briefly explain but you haven't organized your thoughts enough to update the guide yet?

Third...is crit chance viable on her, other than the crit from TriForce? I'm thinking that she would scale well with crit chance items since her AS is so high, granting more critical hits in a given time frame...

Just curious to hear your thoughts...

And FYI, I'm VERY familiar with overall concepts regarding ranged champions (see my Ashe and Vayne guides). I'm just very intrigued by this concept and am curious for specific tips!

Thanks!

flankd

The Council

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Flankd,

I'm anxious to try your guide out. I'm a HUGE fan of ranged champions, and I love the whole Nidalee concept, but always assumed AP was the only viable way to play her. I've been playing this game for just over a year now, and I have never read your guide until today.

I have to say, I'm impressed that you can have success with AD Nid, but I do see your points and why it is viable. Because I love ranged champions (I've recently decided that I simply cannot play anything but ranged, spell spammers, stealth, and junglers), I want to try Nidalee again by following your guide.

I have a few questions for you, though.

First, do you think the patch changes, in general, will make an AD build more viable compared to AP, or less viable?

Second, the information in your guide seems to be updated as of February...have you discovered anything useful since then that you can briefly explain but you haven't organized your thoughts enough to update the guide yet?

Third...is crit chance viable on her, other than the crit from TriForce? I'm thinking that she would scale well with crit chance items since her AS is so high, granting more critical hits in a given time frame...

Just curious to hear your thoughts...

And FYI, I'm VERY familiar with overall concepts regarding ranged champions (see my Ashe and Vayne guides). I'm just very intrigued by this concept and am curious for specific tips!

Thanks!
Keep in mind, that this guide is very out dated.. it use to be the #1 Nidalee guide overall but I got deployed and I just have a busy life. I'm at class right now but I'll update this guide and check out your guides later. I love helping people so if you have a question just ask. I don't have time to respond more in depth, but I will tonight.

Eledhan

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
Keep in mind, that this guide is very out dated.. it use to be the #1 Nidalee guide overall but I got deployed and I just have a busy life. I'm at class right now but I'll update this guide and check out your guides later. I love helping people so if you have a question just ask. I don't have time to respond more in depth, but I will tonight.
Hmm...

I see.

I just wonder if anyone has had any success with AD Nid in the last few months. I mean, generally speaking, is it still a viable guide, or does it need to be completely re-written for AP, or do you just not have the data to say otherwise.

I'm crazy busy too, and I know how you feel on patch day when you're trying to digest all the changes before you've even had a chance to try them out yourself. Just curious is all!