[Guide] Nasty Nidalee - Top Tier AD Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MasteR of LoL

02-08-2010

Boots of your choice ftw

churika

02-08-2010

Saw a guy today with a Nidalee that basically had Boots -> Sheen -> 3 Sunfire Capes and he raped pretty hard in cougar form during group battles coming in later and played her human form well with controlling map/spearing etc.

Wonder what your guys thoughts would be for this type of build in high ELO games. (I'm not really high ELO I don't believe)

flankd

The Council

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by churika View Post
Saw a guy today with a Nidalee that basically had Boots -> Sheen -> 3 Sunfire Capes and he raped pretty hard in cougar form during group battles coming in later and played her human form well with controlling map/spearing etc.

Wonder what your guys thoughts would be for this type of build in high ELO games. (I'm not really high ELO I don't believe)
Lol I wouldn't really recommend stacking 3x sunfire capes on anyone... I mean sure it can work if your messing around, but it can also backfire and it doesn't give you damage unless your standing on top of someone... I don't know how much damage you would have w/ Atmas but even so... 3x sunfire? On Nidalee? If I were going to do it i'd do it on atleast a tank champion heh...

Quinnister

02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flankd View Post
Lol I wouldn't really recommend stacking 3x sunfire capes on anyone... I mean sure it can work if your messing around, but it can also backfire and it doesn't give you damage unless your standing on top of someone... I don't know how much damage you would have w/ Atmas but even so... 3x sunfire? On Nidalee? If I were going to do it i'd do it on atleast a tank champion heh...
I know the logic behind it. I've rolled a Sunfire Nida before. The idea is that, because you're hopping into battle all the time, enemies should be always around you and taking that AoE. I didn't like the idea that much after I tried it, though. It can work slightly, though.

Thistlemin

02-09-2010

Hi Flankd, and community. I was wondering if someone could break down in English (not game lingo ex: proc, Human Q -> R -> Cat Q) how Sheen works for Nidalee. Does Sheen's 2x damage after ability only work for the next valid Auto-attack you pull off? Or if I say throw a trap down then jump in kitty, and takedown, will that takedown be doubled?

Say if I Pounce, followed by Takedown, will that takedown be doubled damage? I'm not sure if I have to be in human form for Sheen's 2x damage to be enabled for my next attack.

I'm still messing around with a lot of builds but it's tough because I prefer to snowball with Nidalee, but I'm not a great player yet so my early game results vary a lot depending on my lag, my lane partner, and my opponents, also on the direction I'm playing in via the game. I play on my Dell laptop and my screen is considerably wider than it is tall, and the toolbar on the bottom of the screen reduces an already small viewing area. It can be pretty trecherous for me moving straight down. I find it to be a big advantage for me to start on the bottom/left nexxus. I cross my fingers when the game starts haha. Going off just the tall side of my screen I can see a full inch more moving up than going down. And going from side to side it's not even close so I won't mention it. I guess I kind of got a fish eye camera set up.

Any suggestions? I'm not great with computers. It seems like its more a formatting issue than related to screen resolution.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlemin View Post
Hi Flankd, and community. I was wondering if someone could break down in English (not game lingo ex: proc, Human Q -> R -> Cat Q) how Sheen works for Nidalee. Does Sheen's 2x damage after ability only work for the next valid Auto-attack you pull off? Or if I say throw a trap down then jump in kitty, and takedown, will that takedown be doubled?

Say if I Pounce, followed by Takedown, will that takedown be doubled damage? I'm not sure if I have to be in human form for Sheen's 2x damage to be enabled for my next attack.
Sheen's effect is for your next auto-attack. Notice when you activate/use any ability on Nidalee that you'll see your Sheen buff just above your skill bar. In any case, it's best used with Takedown since the ability itself is based on auto-attack.
Just keep in mind the 3 second cooldown on Sheen's buff, and if you wait too long the buff will wear off (not really a huge problem since you're always using abilities).

And I'm pretty sure Sheen is +100% of your damage, not your damage x2. Otherwise you;d be able to hit some pretty high crits with Takedown early in the game. Not saying it's impossible though.

Thistlemin

02-09-2010

Thanks Gk, yeah I think I read your earlier post on page 11 after I posted my question on 12. You answered me twice I beleive, thanks! This will help me not waste the 100% effect bonus on Pounce and use it on Takedown instead due to the cooldown I didn't know of.

Someone else brought it up, what are your all's thoughts in general of Milady on Nidalee AD build? I believe it costs 1400-1800 I forget which. The problem I have encountered is committing to the 50% speed is that early game I'm really focused on increasing her damage output and getting boots, so I usually go with the 25% attack rate boots + BF Sword, but I'm open to suggestions. Generally do you all think staying in your lane a little longer to farm up Merc Treds is the way to go? People will laugh but sometimes I want to stay at a distance and not get stunned in a team fight by initiating right away with Cougar, and I find that Milady's Speed/crit buff is devastating when added to a damage build + Heal spam yourself. It's basically a non-stop hail of auto-attack spears from short range.

Something like Doran's Ring for HP + 4% Lifesteal + 6 dmg, boots of choice, BF sword/brutalizer, Milady, Bloodthirster.....and there after? Is this giving up too much in burst damage? I read a guide on LeagueCraft that said to focus on her E skill early and often for levels. So I pretty much max that as soon as possible. I'm trying to be less robotic and stiff with my builds and playstyle and general strategy. I'm a believer in Bruce Lee's "Be like water" philosophy, but I'm not always the best at knowing how to go about it just yet. I will be in time.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-09-2010

Malady's is fine. Personally I feel that if one is to commit to attack speed then the right item would be Last Whisper for the armor penetration and the +20 attack.
Alternatively, for a little bit more you can get a Starks Fervor. I haven't tried it, to be honest. It's always someone else who has it and gives the aura.
Your Primal Surge gives a nice attack boost already. I use it mainly for pushing towers with the right opportunities, since Nidalee goes spear-chucking crazy with it.

Boots are sorta situational. Merc Treads are useful, but if it's a team fight and you initiate in cougar form and then get stunned, chances are you're going to die. Nidalee's great for stalling time before a fight by throwing javelin and traps down, especially with a golem buff. If they wait too long, you'll end up taking a chunk out of their team's champions just with javelin and without even fighting.
In some cases you can hold your ground if the opposing team initiates due to your heal and traps.
Against casters/stuns, generally I take Banshee's Veil instead of a Merc Treads. It's insane how many times the protection has saved my life.

Another note on Primal surge early game. If you play cautiously and use traps, most of the time you can avoid harassment from the enemy champions. I used to max heal first, but I switched to maxing javelin instead. Aggressive play with it can cause the opponent to be defensive, and thus less harassment from them.

I'm not a high ELO player, but the few things there about team fights actually reduced my death count and increased my kill count by a bit since I started using Nidalee. Hopefully it helps.

pubstar

02-09-2010

Followed this guide and went 16-1 my second time with her... it's amazing. The 1 death was when I was slowed by Nunu in the enemy base by 2 towers...

First game I went 7-2 then I realized the other teams Sion was fed and beefed up and I couldn't touch him... finishing like 9-12.

Awesome guide. I'm gonna keep working with it a little more.

Scrabble Tank

02-09-2010

I'm just wondering, but has anyone tried incorporating Tiamat into their build? When I play Nidalee I usually try to get it pretty early, as it turns Takedown into a massive AoE damage attack. The 42 damage and splash allows Nidalee to push in human form with surge spams taking out creep waves and deal an AoE Takedown to champions in a team fight. Not really useful later in the game as spending 2000+ to get basically 42 damage isn't great, but it pays for itself in the early game.