AD Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beddlam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

So I was doing some math on Kayle while waiting for the new patch to come out, and it occurred to me that with AD scaling on her Q and the horrible scaling on her W and E, Kayle might be better off going pure AD than AP or Hybrid. Here's what I came up with:

using Amplifying Tome and Longsword as the basis for AP/gold and AD/Gold respectively, here's what you get per 100 gold for AP and AD

AP:
Reckoning: + 4.6 Damage
Righteous Fury: +.9 Damage per hit
Divine Blessing: +1.6 Healing
Attack: +0 Damage

AD:
Reckoning: +2.4 Damage
Righteous Fury: +0 Damage per hit
Divine Blessing: +0 Healing
Attack: +2.4 damage

So you lose 2.2 damage/100g on reckoning by going AD, but you gain an over-all 1.5 damage on your attacks while Righteous fury is up, and a +2.4 when it's not. That means that if you follow up Reckoning with at least two autoattacks you come out ahead.

So the only place you lose is divine blessing which is a bad heal anyway, and you still get the full effect from the haste. At 400 AP lvl 5 Divine blessing will heal for 345, while with 0 AP it heals for 205.

In addition to the straight numbers, AD damage can crit and lifesteal is much more dependable and cost-effective than spellvamp.

tl/dr It seems to me that with the addition of AD scaling to Reckoning, pure AD Kayle will be much more effective than AP or Hybrid

Thoughts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vydelar

08-24-2011

Your math is flawed to a degree but flawed in your favor, beause righteous fury splash targets will be taking bonus damage due to bonus ad, from 20 to 40% of it (.5 to .9 damage per attack from splash) This puts kayle at the opposite end of skarner, who can easily build ap but does primary physical damage reguardless, where kayle will be able to build mass ad, and do a fairly large chunk of magic damage.

I can easily see an ad kayle working with this kind of build, by just grabbing bfs and the like to cause massive damage.