Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I'd like to thank RiotWrekz for designing a true tank.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eskimoƒo

04-22-2014

Ao Shin?

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-22-2014

Quote:
Samflash3:
Were you inspired by the manliness that is Angus the puncher?

Angus was one of multiple sources of inspiration during the early development of Braum's concept. In Braum's case we started with a gameplay mechanic we really liked (which is now Braum's E) and looked at a number of different characters it, and the attitude it implied (protector), might be a good fit with. Large guy with a shield was a pretty compelling match and that went really well with a personality that also appealed to us - jovial, fearless, casually invincible. Characters like Angus, Major Armstrong from FMA and others were good reference points as a result for the sort of character we were looking to explore.

Bone Warden

04-22-2014

Quote:
RiotWrekz:
Love the enthusiasm guys, I hope you continue enjoying him. Go out and save some people (On PBE, saving people on live servers coming soon)!

I'd love to save some people on the PBE but I just never got accepted ;_;

Bone Warden

04-22-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Angus was one of multiple sources of inspiration during the early development of Braum's concept. In Braum's case we started with a gameplay mechanic we really liked (which is now Braum's E) and looked at a number of different characters it, and the attitude it implied (protector), might be a good fit with. Large guy with a shield was a pretty compelling match and that went really well with a personality that also appealed to us - jovial, fearless, casually invincible. Characters like Angus, Major Armstrong from FMA and others were good reference points as a result for the sort of character we were looking to explore.

Major Armstrong skin when? All you gotta do it give him some blue pants, take off his armour, and make his taunt a flex with sparkles. And the shield? I dunno, make it a legendary, and remove it. his E would be him puffing out his chest, his Q would be some sort of rock punch (akin to what he did during the fight with Father, punching rocks and making them into spearhead-things) his W would be a dramatic jump, and his ultimate would be a massive punch to the ground, splitting the earth. Also make sure he has his gauntlets.

Also Also make sure it's called Major Braumstrong.

Da Juan and Only

Recruiter

04-23-2014

yes...thank you..and btw i posted something really recent on here about lissandras new skin..if a rioter could look at that...that would be great.

Davidleo24

04-23-2014

Quote:
Bone Warden:
Major Armstrong skin when? All you gotta do it give him some blue pants, take off his armour, and make his taunt a flex with sparkles. And the shield? I dunno, make it a legendary, and remove it. his E would be him puffing out his chest, his Q would be some sort of rock punch (akin to what he did during the fight with Father, punching rocks and making them into spearhead-things) his W would be a dramatic jump, and his ultimate would be a massive punch to the ground, splitting the earth. Also make sure he has his gauntlets.

hire dis man rito pls

This Udyr

04-23-2014

Quote:
Bone Warden:

Also Also make sure it's called Major Braumstrong.

I dont think ive ever wanted anything more in my life.

Riot Please!

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

04-23-2014

Quote:
Bat Bot:
Out of curiosity, in his design are you making his wall exactly like Yasao's? He seems cool, but being able to block heals & other support abilities seems not-defender like. I'm referring to Lux shield, Vlad's heal (If shield works both ways), Sona, Nami, and others who heal or shield by projectile.

Depending on the cooldown on release, I feel he could be pretty toxic in blind pick if you go bottom lane and he's there when you picked someone like Lux. I can understand the E/Q, but why the W?

Braum's E doesn't block any ability that's unable to interact with his allies. Things like Lux's shield won't be affected by him as a result.

WutsKraken

04-23-2014

He reminds me of what I pictured a hero to be in middle school

Back then, we had to design what we thought of as a hero. I thought of a protector, someone who wasn't all about the killing, but of actually protecting

A friend of mine also thought of something similar

And Braum is just so damn perfect for that job

Zaphas

04-23-2014

Quote:
Meddler:
Angus was one of multiple sources of inspiration during the early development of Braum's concept. In Braum's case we started with a gameplay mechanic we really liked (which is now Braum's E) and looked at a number of different characters it, and the attitude it implied (protector), might be a good fit with. Large guy with a shield was a pretty compelling match and that went really well with a personality that also appealed to us - jovial, fearless, casually invincible. Characters like Angus, Major Armstrong from FMA and MINSC were good reference points as a result for the sort of character we were looking to explore.

FTFY Meddler.