New patch (4.6) stuck at -14:-8 time remaining

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mike4Real

04-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
So, we found an issue with the patcher and certain calls it's using to move files when an external drive is involved. We don't have enough information right now to prioritize this as a hotfix, so it's going to be slotted into the teams normal work/release cadence.

You can workaround the problem by fully patching the game on your primary harddrive then copying the full installation to the external drive.

I doubt this explains the other problems that are happening, but it's a step.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Yes, I am able to play on I'm internal drive normally, or by booting from my external drive and then patching normally if it is my boot drive. I'm just happy I was able to get this issue into your to be fixed pile, since its been around for a long time.

I know this does not explain the -14-8 problem, but I am pleased that you followed through with my log reports, nice. Other people having the negative time reaming glitch should supply the logs from the directory that you have asked for so we can start to finding the fix for that too. I would do it, but I was able to get around that problem by waiting with the patch open for a long time.

Your excellent followup provides proof that those with that issue should do the same as I have done in order to work toward a fix.

Mike4Real

05-23-2014

Quote:
So, we found an issue with the patcher and certain calls it's using to move files when an external drive is involved. We don't have enough information right now to prioritize this as a hotfix, so it's going to be slotted into the teams normal work/release cadence.

You can workaround the problem by fully patching the game on your primary harddrive then copying the full installation to the external drive.

I doubt this explains the other problems that are happening, but it's a step.
Just as a followup, Dannamoth, I just now tried to patch a client on my external drive and it still cannot be done without booting from it. I know you said you thought it wasn't a big enough deal to prioritize a hotfix, however you did say that it would be slotted into the teams normal schedule. This was 3 weeks ago and I believe 2 patches have come out since. I expected this issue to be fixed by now given that I reported it with full logs provided weeks ago. Is this an unreasonable expectation? Was it forgotten? What exactly is, "the teams [sic] normal work/release cadence"?

jstarters

05-23-2014

im also having this problem but its not letting me update the game , its stopping at 90% then dropping to 0kbs should i just leave it up? iv been trying to update this since yesterday

El Cacique Manny

05-24-2014

I tried reinstalling the client, it's at 33% and it starts to crash. At first it would give me the "cannot connect to the Maestro" issue and then it just started to crash. Now I can't even start up the client, it will just crash suddenly.

LightWind4

06-06-2014

I hav been in the this stupid patcher for 5 days straight iv left it on over night , stuck on BIn_0x00000002 WITH 0 KBps ............ and u want me to wait. ah plz riot stop making skins , champs, gameplay and FIX YOUR FKING SERVERS!

pvp squirrel

06-07-2014

5 weeks, problem still exists, oh and its been keeping me off league for almost 2 weeks at this point.

Carried by Lag

06-08-2014

^ i also can not get into league because of this. Please help

beeeefjerky

4 Weeks Ago

I've been trying over and over to get my client to work. I've tried waiting, restarting the client, and even redownloading the game itself. I'm really upset about this. I love league of legends. I have multiple accounts and enjoy playing league very much. The only computer i have is a macbook air, which ran the game very smoothly . I would be very grateful if you guys could come out with a new download/patch for mac users. Please help !!!! thank you.

Mike4Real

1 Week Ago

On patch 4.12 the client is still telling me I will be able to play in negative fourteen minutes and negative eight seconds. This is six patches and 85 days later. When can we expect to see this fixed? Will it ever be fixed given that the upcoming new patcher has no time estimate built in?

Quote:
it's going to be slotted into the teams normal work/release cadence.
Today, I tried to patch using the brand new PBE patcher on my external drive. It had the same issue. I will now contend that your team's work / priority schedule is anything but normal.

B1indNotDeaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

1 Week Ago

Edit: restarted again, gave rads kernal win 7 compatibility + admin mode after the reinstall, seems to be working. Hope this helps others!

For the last patch or two my speed has dropped to 0 after about 35 seconds, and it never comes back. I waited 5 hours (50 mbps connection, time warner). I've tried running it in admin mode.

Then I repaired my patcher (nothing).
Then I tried changing the server.
Then I uninstalled pando media booster, and disabled peer to peer.
Then I tried restarting my computer.
Then I deleted my rads solutions and downloads folders.

Nothing. So I took the time to reinstall.

Still frozen. Fired up my old desktop that hasn't been used in months, finished in 20 minutes or less (went to watch tv).

None of my roommates have had issues. I have a razer 2013 laptop running windows 8.1. The game is installed on the SSD, not my external. I have attached my patcher logs. The speed always shows download will finish in 3~ mins at 6000 kbps roughly, and after about 45 seconds the timer shoots to 40 days or something obscene and the download never goes past 0 again. Usually freezes on bin 00001.

HELP! I can provide more logs if asked.

Attached Files
File Type: log 2014-07-17T08-48-36_launcher.log (118.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt 2014-07-15T08-37-47_netlog.txt (20.6 KB, 0 views)