New patch (4.6) stuck at -14:-8 time remaining

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SysAdmin

04-22-2014

I'll also throw in some more patch logs. (previous to the log9)

Attached Files
File Type: log8 rads_user_kernel.log8 (15.4 KB, 45 views)
File Type: log7 rads_user_kernel.log7 (15.2 KB, 21 views)

DECIM0

04-22-2014

downloaded the whole game again afer this garbage patch.. thanks so much riot.
then wait... rebooted it couple hours later, oh whats this ive got to reinstall the entire 2.9gb again..
everytime i close it it starts the download again..

doctahfunk

04-22-2014

i'm so pissed off.. does riot just have it out for mac users or what there are constant issues and they are addressed a snails pace..it's a great game.. but no support

We Are As One

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
The button will be enabled when one of two things happen.

1. Patching finishes successfully.
2. The patcher throws an error.

The third option:

The patcher crashes and the crash is handled by the OS, rather than by bug splat isn't covered.

To clarify, asking you to wait covers some cases where:

1. Your ISP is being garbage and giving you a slow download rate
2. Your Hard drive is overly full causing disc I/O to be incredibly slow.

If you're only getting 1 M/b per second down you could be waiting a long time for a 400 MB patch. That's ~53 minutes of pure downloading if you were capping the speed out. Not to mention Disc I/O.

I understand this is frustrating, I want you to be able to play League of Legends and to be able to play without experiencing chaff like this.

Yes, we do actually. Unfortunately even an issue that can happen in a miniscule fraction of players or machine configurations can mean hundreds if not thousands of people experience it. The best thing right now is to work with us via the forums or Player Support to resolve this.
1> If patching finishes successfully ...then why would you want logs
2> The patcher is throwing an error, its in the logs, its just refusing to throw an error which aborts the attempts to update, every time on Mac that I've had a patcher issue it essentially freezes but you can still click around, and its not being handled by the OS or bugsplat...well it gets handled by the OS when I force quit it, or it appears to get handled by nothing when I open the patcher a 2nd time (after closing it -- but it doesn't actually close) and it force quits its own instance.

It says the file size, even if thats not true, I can watch my bandwidth utilization as well as disk IO, I know not everyone has a clue but... And I used to try and help test this sorta thing with the PBE as a mac user, but it seems the PBE doesn't really make for an identical test, and after all the hostility surrounding PBE and how miserable Riot was making it to help contribute to the PBE process and to actually have good communication, I really stopped trying so hard (I've spent many days of my life trying to give back to this game....). I do still try to sometimes help people here on the forums, but its very frustrating.

doctahfunk

04-22-2014

you'd think they would expect things like this to happen and have people who could fix it or at least try.

Thunderwlkr

04-22-2014

Thank you Dannamoth,
it worked, the trick is, wait it out
just keep your client open, and wait. go watch a movie or something. and when its done it will just start jumping.

DietPancake

04-22-2014

my client is having the same issue, i guess ill just wait it out (also on mavericks btw)

We Are As One

04-22-2014

Update: I tired updating on a computer that was a few patches out of date, that one took the update, while it does show the -14:-8 error message, the progress does not freeze. Thus I will just copy that over to my other mac. Not ideal but w/e back to league.

Update 2: hmm good point my other computer is on Mavericks, the one that it froze on is 10.8.5

ViatorBC

04-22-2014

I tried updating and the error occured to me, so i started browsing fb and i checked it and it finished updating. maybe it is just doing something while having the appearence of an error?

DietPancake

04-22-2014

mine has been going for at least 2 hours or so, once it got to 99% ( -14:-8 mins ) it just stopped and has been that way for a very long time, also i might add that the progress bar has said applying patches ever since it arrived at 99%. i really hope this gets fixed soon QQ.

EDIT: Hitting 3 hours now, still no progress at all........
EDIT 2: im giving up, im gonna play braum on the pbe, hope this problem gets fixed by tomorrow
EDIT 3: tried relaunching the client and, to my surprise, it finished after about 20 mins

1234567 ... 9