New patch (4.6) stuck at -14:-8 time remaining

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Willybobby28

04-22-2014

just wait and it will finish after a while. I just did it and it worked

ANumenor

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willybobby28 View Post
just wait and it will finish after a while. I just did it and it worked
How much time approximately?

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

04-22-2014
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly5665 View Post
Thank you for your reply Dannamoth.

This might be out of your expertise, but if the repair feature included in the launcher/patcher crashes continuously, what does this usually mean and what should I do?
That means I really want your patcher logs you should be able to get us a dump of all the relevant log files by using the save logs button in the patcher options menu.

KevThaBarbarian

04-22-2014

How do we save logs when that option is disabled while patching?

MiyokoShadow

04-22-2014

I just restarted the client when i got stuck, and it seems to be patching fine now

We Are As One

04-22-2014

beautiful fix....can't play anymore, god I love league updates. And you want us to wait? LMFAO, I started the patcher many hours ago, it did the -14:-8, it had 2 hours to sort itself out, then I tried again, and again, tried a different region too, WTF, yes I'm angry do you guys test this **** on macs at all? Like I have a normal mac with almost all the regions downloaded. Why is the mac client going down the drain?

And HOLY ****, it wrote a 2.9MB Patcher log, so it was spewing out garbage the whole bloody time ....

EDIT: oh god...actually the one from earlier today was 14MB....

endless lines of:

000427.251| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| OKAY| void Riot::RADS::Patching::AutoUpdateProgress::Work::Ch eck(): Completed larger than total
000427.264| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| OKAY| void Riot::RADS::Patching::AutoUpdateProgress::Work::Ch eck(): Completed larger than total
000427.278| 0.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| OKAY| void Riot::RADS::Patching::AutoUpdateProgress::Work::Ch eck(): Completed larger than total

WOOT! (how was this not detected on PBE cycles?)

We Are As One

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevThaBarbarian View Post
How do we save logs when that option is disabled while patching?
After you quit the patcher make sure the finder has focus (cmd+tab so finder has focus) then press CMD+SHIFT+G and enter:

/Applications/League of Legends.app/Contents/LoL/Logs/Patcher Logs/

Which will take you to the folder where patcher logs live, the save thing just grabs the logs from there so you can easily submit them or some such.

We Are As One

04-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
That means I really want your patcher logs you should be able to get us a dump of all the relevant log files by using the save logs button in the patcher options menu.
As the posts below you will point out...that is not possible as that option will be disabled when such patcher bugs occur..... >_>

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

04-22-2014
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Are As One View Post
As the posts below you will point out...that is not possible as that option will be disabled when such patcher bugs occur..... >_>
The button will be enabled when one of two things happen.

1. Patching finishes successfully.
2. The patcher throws an error.

The third option:

The patcher crashes and the crash is handled by the OS, rather than by bug splat isn't covered.

To clarify, asking you to wait covers some cases where:

1. Your ISP is being garbage and giving you a slow download rate
2. Your Hard drive is overly full causing disc I/O to be incredibly slow.

If you're only getting 1 M/b per second down you could be waiting a long time for a 400 MB patch. That's ~53 minutes of pure downloading if you were capping the speed out. Not to mention Disc I/O.

I understand this is frustrating, I want you to be able to play League of Legends and to be able to play without experiencing chaff like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Are As One
WTF, yes I'm angry do you guys test this **** on macs at all?
Yes, we do actually. Unfortunately even an issue that can happen in a miniscule fraction of players or machine configurations can mean hundreds if not thousands of people experience it. The best thing right now is to work with us via the forums or Player Support to resolve this.

SysAdmin

04-22-2014

Here are my logs! I have this problem too in a 2012 macbook air.

Attached Files
File Type: log9 rads_user_kernel.log9 (14.4 KB, 196 views)

123456 ... 9