Player about to quit 30$ an hour job in order to work towards his dream

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RvzStealth

04-21-2014

ill watch just cuz u seem like such a genuine guy

xXSirCrashXx

04-21-2014

Damn wish I could watch the stream I will be at work though. I do hope you get alot of viewers though.

Pronomorelol

04-21-2014

I didn't read it but I would strongly advise against doing it. Even if you made enough to live off of how is a stream going to support you in the future? Either way best of luck to you.

edit: Actually read a bit damn in a tough spot it seems =/ I'd offer advise but I'm still in college yet what do I know.

Pentakill Prince

04-21-2014

Protip: Don't.

Go ahead and stream, but don't quit a job in order to do it.. You could even use the money you gain from your job to host prizes and make your stream more popular or worth viewing (if it's not already).

I don't mean any offense to this either, but you're in Silver (on that account, at least). People like to watch high-ranked players or interesting gameplay with exception of Kaceytron, maybe.

If people don't watch you they won't subscribe and you won't earn anything. Also you have to know streaming is actually a thing you have to keep on top of, if you vacation for too long you'll lose viewers and nobody will be interested.

TL;DR It's risky and very time consuming. Your pay comes from your viewers, who will only subscribe if you are interesting enough. You can only have subscribers if you become popular, too.. Unless they donate.

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronomorelol View Post
I didn't read it but I would strongly advise against doing it. Even if you made enough to live off of how is a stream going to support you in the future? Either way best of luck to you
I hope to do Web Design as well. Honestly, as long as I'm doing something I love, and my kids are happy and have full bellies, it's fine with me

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentakill Prince View Post
Protip: Don't.

Go ahead and stream, but don't quit a job in order to do it.. You could even use the money you gain from your job to host prizes and make your stream more popular or worth viewing (if it's not already).

I don't mean any offense to this either, but you're in Silver (on that account, at least). People like to watch high-ranked players or interesting gameplay with exception of Kaceytron, maybe.

If people don't watch you they won't subscribe and you won't earn anything. Also you have to know streaming is actually a thing you have to keep on top of, if you vacation for too long you'll lose viewers and nobody will be interested.

TL;DR It's risky and very time consuming. Your pay comes from your viewers, who will only subscribe if you are interesting enough. You can only have subscribers if you become popular, too.. Unless they donate.
I appreciate the information. As I understand what your saying, I'm willing to do whatever I can to give back to the stream. Even if I have to sell in home items that I don't use any more in order to buy "giveaway prizes" I'm going to do that. I also plan on doing web design on the side in order to get some extra money. I appreciate all the support, you guys on these forums are seriously incredible!

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Also, I posted this on reddit, but the text got removed? I'm not sure.

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvzStealth View Post
ill watch just cuz u seem like such a genuine guy

Thank you man, I appreciate it.

Juggernaut N

04-21-2014

People who give up their jobs to follow their dreams usually end up failing. Man up and stick to your job. $30 an hour is pretty fkin amazing in today's economy.

Brokeback Braum

04-21-2014

Goodluck and if you're trolling then **** you cause this gave me feels.