Player about to quit 30$ an hour job in order to work towards his dream

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Activee

04-21-2014

Stream! Please Follow! www.twitch.tv/activee

--------------------------------------------------------

NEW Video! Need inspiration? I hope this helps. This is what I'm all about. You have questions? I hope this video answers them! I love you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquKBwjERmY

About me

I'm the "completely new streamer". I'm 25 years old and work full time at a job I completely can't stand. I have a family of 3, two kids and my Fiance whom I love very much. In 2007 at the CPL Winter Championships I was deemed one of the best Halo 3 players in the world. With hard work and dedication, constant uphill battles and the constant temptation to give up my dream of becoming one of the best finally came true. About a month later I got called by an Organization in California called "Team 1118". One of the first "Gaming houses" I've ever heard of (back in 2007). The team owner offered me a contract to play for him and live in his house with 3 other players. The minute I stepped into that house, It finally hit me that I had worked as hard as I possibly could for something, and achieved it. I was just a normal guy, and I continued to work and push myself, and strive to get where I wanted to be.

Me Today

I'm a 25 year old guy, working a job as a Pipe Fitter. A job that I'm continuously grateful for. A job that a lot of people out there might be happy doing. A job that pays well, that supports my family, that puts food on the table. But behind the scenes, I wake up, drag myself to work, walk in those doors, into the dark industrial smoke look at every ones face, see how miserable they are, look into their eyes and see how much pain they are all in, from the 30+ years invested in order to just survive. Then I talk to them. I talk to them and they talk about how they had an aspiration at one point in their lives, how they wanted to live their dream -- but just never did -- never put the time in, never put the hours in and the dedication, never worked hard enough. Some of them quit early, some of them gave up. Some of them just stopped pushing.

What happened Today

Today was one of the harder days. With my tax return, I paid a couple of bills, got my kids & wife something nice and decided to invest the rest into a new PC. I spent about $1,300 on a PC custom built from one of the online sites. It was scheduled to be shipped today, and it was. My Fiance is a stay at home mom so she was suppose to sign for the package when it arrived. The package arrived and she stood up and became lightheaded. She is currently taking medication for a few issues post miscarriage, and her body is not taking well to the medication. So low and behold the PC was not able to be signed for, which is fine. So I get home from work and decide that I'm going to drive to the nearest FedEx and pick it up. As I'm driving down the road, going the normal speed limit a cop pulls me over.. long story short, he found a very old ticket that apparently suspended my license, so of course, I was driving with a suspended license. The officer decided that because of my attitude, he was not going to arrest me, although stated many times that he could have. Instead, he towed my vehicle and told me that I needed to get my license reinstated. But that's not all! I get home, check the mail, and there's a back tax? I think it's called, for my car, that I haven't paid and that now is up substantially high. So because my fiance doesn't have a car, I can't get a ride to work due to it being 45 minutes away. Now mind you, I've been working on "Streaming" material leading up to this PC for about 2 months now, as well as trying to climb the ladder, on top of working and spending time with the family (a real juggling act I might add). So I laid down in bed for a while and realized.. I really just need to do this. I need to shoot for something I love, I need to put 100% into it. Now streaming doesn't happen over night, and it's going to take a long time in order to get some sort of a decent following but I'm willing to work day in and day out in order to make this happen and Web Design is something I'm working at as well which is something I can do in order to keep my kids and wives food on the table (I could care less about me). I love this community (the good the bad and you) and really want to try to give back, which is where my stream comes into play.

About the Stream

During my great years in 2007 along with the struggles came a lot of learning. A lot of tips and tricks I used to work hard day in day out in order to become one of the best. A lot of people motivating me everyday to not give up. I know how hard league can be to climb, and although I'm currently only Gold 4, I feel like if all of us work together, we can get to where we want to be. Kind of like a weight loss group lol. I encourage you, if you want to learn, if you want to be motivated to keep going (big part of the stream) to give me a follow. I'm going to do my best to improve everyday, to give you the best entertainment and learning experience you can get. I will take critiques, use them, and enforce them, as well as share them with the rest of our community that we create together. Whatever you goal is, getting out of Bronze, getting out of Gold or even if it has to do with something RL, I hope to create a community of people that can help each other. The trolls? They are welcome too!

My back-up plan

I would never make a decision like this with out a back up plan, and a lot of posts I read today talk about abandoning my children. This is not the case. If streaming with all of the work I put into it fails, and web design fails with all the work I put into that, I have a job lined up with my father working for him, something I enjoy much more than what I do now, but pays a little less, about $18 an hour. If that SOMEHOW doesn't pan out, then I will work WHEREVER I need to until a year from now, when I can instantly get my job back. Because of the training required for where I work and how much money they put into training me, in 1 year time, I can get my job back if NEED be.

I appreciate all the support and the concern, it means a lot, and I hope to help whoever I can out there that wants to follow his dream, and I hope I can be an inspiration to you.

Stream will start Saturday 11 am EST! PLEASE FOLLOW! I LOVE YOU!

I love you all, I had a lot of support on a thread I posted on the League of Legends Forums last year when I thought I was getting a new PC but the IRS ended up taking that away from me.. lol.

www.twitch.tv/activee

www.twitter.com/activeelive

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/44051480

Forum from last year before IRS screwed me lol
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...5#post36443085
I want to represent an idea, I want to represent possibilities.

TheJist

04-21-2014

Gl hope it works out.

Starrow

04-21-2014

That's a nice bronze icon you got there.
Wearing dat with pride.

+1

Activee

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJist View Post
Gl hope it works out.

Thank you bro, I seriously appreciate it more than you understand. Thank you so much

Insane Pyromanic

04-21-2014

Go for man! =D

Souul Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2014

bump

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrow View Post
That's a nice bronze icon you got there.
Wearing dat with pride.

+1
Main acct here lol. Still nothing great, but i'm getting there I guess. These forums are amazing for support. You guys ****ing rock. Please follow! I'll be streaming starting saturday! I have an intro vid and everything ready!

Still Eternity

04-21-2014

If legit, Good Luck Buddy.

If Troll, 10/10, fooled me.

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Eternity View Post
If legit, Good Luck Buddy.

If Troll, 10/10, fooled me.
No troll lol. My fiance isn't happy atm.

Activee LIVE

04-21-2014

Thanks for all the support, you guys are ****in' amazing