League of Legends Timeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2011

Sweet mother of Lore bombs! Well done and good show! My one regret is that I have but one +1 to give for this OP!

K D Bonez

01-14-2011

In the name of mighty Noxus, color me impressed up the wazzo.

Robertboy05

01-14-2011

bump this post is great :P and deserves to be at the top

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

01-14-2011

I added the league time line to our lore archives (sticky post on the top, our table of contents)

Paperman299

01-14-2011

Thank you, Sylph! I'm honored to be on there!

icyiSEE

01-14-2011

Wow

Daddy Dennis

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperman299 View Post
lol, sir, I apologize if there is any anti-Yordle bias inherent in my work. However, as I've pointed out, this timeline is constructed with material drawn directly from several sources. So if such bias is indeed present, surely the blame lies with the source material, and not with a wholly derivative work!

As to trimming the timeline to include only major events, I did consider that, but I just couldn't self-actualize on it. Reason being, this timeline was my tribute to League of Legends lore and everything I enjoyed about it, and a big part of that was how the silly sits right next to the epic. I love that, in the Journal of Justice, you're reading about the world-scale conflict between Ionia and Noxus one minute, and Garen complaining about foliage on the Fields of Justice the next. I love how in-game, you're fighting grandoise battles but you also might see, say, the supposedly lame Swain set his cane aside and dance a jig. So I could trim the timeline, but with just those "important" events, it would be just another flavor of fantasy, and wouldn't represent the part-action epic, part-celebrity worship, part-soap opera League of Legends that moved me to compile a timeline in the first place.
Apology accepted! I wish there were more tall folk like you.

-W.O.B.A.Y.

(Added: The lore aspect of this game is under-rated. I think it is well thought-out and capable of standing on its own. It will keep people coming back.)

Delta Beta

01-15-2011

Impressive, enjoying it...

Modessa

01-15-2011

You missed the Morgana + Bikini! She posed for a magazine.

Paperman299

01-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modessa View Post
You missed the Morgana + Bikini! She posed for a magazine.
Nope! Check December 21st