@Riot, Question: Why doesn't Jax's Empower proc Sheen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

corki's ult procs sheen and that cd is about the same as hate spike/empower.

holySpork

01-12-2010

Sheen has (or at least had...) an internal CD of 3 seconds. So even if eve is spamming hate spikes all day, it should only proc on 1 out of every 3ish.

The SHP

01-12-2010

it's not about the cd, i think. it's probably related to the coding of empower. If i had to guess there are two probable reasons

One possibility is that the coding for empower shares the part of sheen that makes sheen a 'unique passive', meaning both can't proc, so only empower activates

The other possiblity is that it's coding is similar to spells that cost mana/sec (or health/sec, in mundo's case), like burning agony and defile, which don't proc sheen. While it costs a flat amount, the buff it places refreshes itself every second, meaning it more or less is a sustained effect/sec spell like these other spells

vvolfster

01-12-2010

This should be fixed then. As a 400 games jax player, I find little use for empower after level 6. It's great early game but kinda worthless for the rest of the time. Kinda. Sometimes it will give just the right amount of juice to finish a fleeing opponent off.

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-12-2010

Because Sheen Jax was overpowered back in the days before Sheen was fixed to have an internal 3s cooldown.

And it was never re-adjusted to work.