Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Question: Why doesn't Jax's Empower proc Sheen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crysknife

01-08-2010

I'm just wondering why Jax's Empower doesn't trigger Sheen's ability, as per the title. Is it intended, is it because of a coding compication because the interplay between the effects is odd? And is this something that might change soon?

I think Empower + Sheen working together could really serve to give Jax some extra variety in playstyle, which is always fun.

That said, he's still a fun hero in a great game.

Thanks,

- Crysknife

Lizard Elder

01-11-2010

Hmm, I was about to ask that question myself. Why doesn't Jax's Empower trigger Sheen?

Obehron

01-11-2010

Agreed. Anyone know whats up?

Morzas

01-11-2010

I asked Guinsoo why on the PTR some months ago and he said "lol that'd be overpowered" or something like that. I begrudgingly agree. Either Sheen or Empower would have to be reworked for it to be allowed.

MrFoxx

01-11-2010

Doesnt evelyns hate spike proc sheen? isnt that op?

Lightstriker

Recruiter

01-11-2010

no, it doesn't.

Patyrn

01-11-2010

Jax is pretty weak right now, so letting empower get sheen might help him out a bit. Besides, it can't be any worse than alistar getting sheen off his heal.

sdjaks

01-11-2010

Nasus's Siphoning Strike and Blitz Power fist both proc sheen...and it's overpowered. Why not Jax?

Crysknife

01-12-2010

As it stands, it seems that Empower is rarely used by Jax, with perhaps 1 level taken early for early farming/harassing, if at all.

Mid- to late-game (at least with my playstyle - feel free to provide a counterpoint), it seems to become a useless ability, and one that doesn't feel like it functions properly without triggering Sheen effects, and/or is tacked on to an otherwise coherent character design.

And perhaps Empower needs to be removed or reworked if Sheen + Empower is considered overpowered. Either way, I would love to see more variety in Jax playstyles, and this issue addressed in one way or another.

holySpork

01-12-2010

Quote:

Nasus's Siphoning Strike and Blitz Power fist both proc sheen

Agree with this point. Jax has gotten no love for awhile :-(. It feels like it should be able to proc sheen.