Best build for Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greenthumbz

01-08-2010

OK OK so you've read about half a dozen AP builds for twisted fate, but everyones getting it wrong. Close but no cigar.

The build I use is close to most, but 2 key differences in the item department make all the difference.Im not going to write a full guide, because they would be too similar. The key with twisted is not to stack PURE AP, but to get MAX cooldown reduction asap. AP + dmg is extremely low, approximately 1/4 of ur total ap added in dmg. I've played many games where i get 500-600 and yeah its a lot of extra dmg, but it is much more important to get the cooldown reduction asap.
So here goes, with a 21 utility, 9 offense, mastery build, (+9%) cooldown reduction total, and your runes going into CD reduction per lvl in glyphs, your going to have +18% by lvl 18, the max reduction allowable is 40%, so you only need 1 item to max it. GNASHOR's TOOTH, 55 ability power, 25% cooldown reduction, bam ;your maxed just like that. Moving on, THE ONLY time I die with this char is if they get a lucky stun off before i can blink out of danger. Blitz is my kryptonite. I used to go very quickly for an rod of the ages, however, I feel it is much better to get Banshee's Veil to solve this problem. Now you have a get out of jail free card, before you need to flash out of danger.
Thats it two small changes to your AP twisted, and he can spam a **** ton more, and has much more survivability to throw a few more cards.
Ill give my item list in order for those who are looking for a full item guide.
First off ----->DORANS RING<-------- single best starting item. 10 AP, mana regen, and health. I get health quints, and health seals, so with this item im starting with 225 more hp at lvl 1. 325 at 18. THIS IS HUGE as squishy as twisted is. I know alot of you are addicted to your chalice , So if you MUST have it then, go ahead and start with a meki you lil crack addicts.(with the utility build and the mana regen from dorans n gnashor you dont need a cup seriously)
2nd starting item is health pot....... drr
Next you want to go straight for a Fiendish Codex, this will give you an early AP / mana regen/ cooldown reduction boost, need I say more.
Now get a boot, (non upgraded)
You want to finish your Gnashors tooth asap, but depending on how the game is going and your money supply is looking as you make your trips to town, it is sometimes better to stick with the codex, until you can get your SHEEN, this is an absolute must with twisted fate.
You now have a dorans, a boot, a codex, and a sheen, congratulations you have permission tro finish your boot, i recomend sorceres, but get whatever you want. if youve been playing a good lil cardmaster you probably have 2-4 kills by now, especially if you soloed. Moving on.
Get that Boss Gnashor's tooth now. You have enuff mana regen to keep spamming htose cards and are now maxed on cd reduction have fun.
Next balls to the walls for that banshee veil. tell blitzcrank to keep his hands to himself. I like to get an abyssal scepter before i finish the sheen into a lichbane.
finally if the games still going, sell your dorans and get a zhonya's, your final items should be
Sorcers shoes
Gnashors Tooth
Lichbane
Banshee Veil
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonyas ring

Now I know alot of you are like pffffft. thats no where near enuff ability power early n mid game. GUESS WHAT NUMNUTS, your cold cards are getting you the kills, not your negligable plus to dmg. The faster you can throw those the better off your going to be, trust me ive played twisted fate with every conceivable build, this is the best way to go.
The only exception allowed to these items, is soulstealer, ONLY if your not going to **** it up, just cuz you've successfully gotten a few kills does not mean your going to powerhouse your way through the game. the more successful ganks you make the more your enemies are going to stay off the radar. 75% of my kills come early game and then fall way off, i used to get soulstealer every game, i find it too much of a gamble in most games. But this is the one area ill let you make the call (your following MY build remember, if not go choke yourself).

ALSO since the last nerf, i dropped ignite and picked up teleport. WTF but you have built in teleport dumbass what a waste! CHOKE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW, if you keep wasting your gate to defend towers instead of getting key ganks in your an idiot. use the teleport to push lanes n defend towers, ALWAYS keep your gate ready when ur ult is up for a gank. DO NOT waste it only to see a perfect gank opportunity getting away 10 seconds after you teled to push a lane. Obviously flash is a must.

So to recap, get that mana regen/cooldown reduction asap, AP is not the most important, maxing these ARE! youll still end up with 300 ap without the zhonyas anyway, and you were able to get many more kills and support your team much better by chaining those golds. And you saved your gate and capitalized on every single ganking opportunity. GoodJob

Xirus

01-08-2010

Didn't manage to read the whole thing, but did a search for the word "golem" and didn't find it.

First off, 21 utility + runes + golem buff is enough for max cooldown reduction, and few characters are going to argue with TF getting golem buff on the team. Especially since you can teleport there at will. So your argument that you need cooldown reduction from items is a bit questionable.

Second off, you say AP doesn't do much per spell, but your burst damage is going to be lich bane (100%) + wild cards + pick a card. I can't recall the exact ratios, but I'm guessing that's at least a combined total of 200% of your AP, which is a fair bit of burst every few seconds (since you have max cooldown reduction from golem buff).

Maggeus

01-08-2010

A correct build, that I mostly follow. I just prefer flash and clairvoyance over teleport and flash, but that's a matter of preference between reliability and pushing.

GNOY

01-09-2010

Well, if you are so good that you run around with almost 0 survivability items all mid game, I wont even argue with you.

Cirliq

01-10-2010

so i've been checking out different builds and decided id give this one a try. played a solo game and with-in the first minute we were down to a 4v5 with us as the 4. We won the game with me EASILY taking MVP with a record of 23/3/13, no joke. Next clostest on my team had 13 kills. None of them even got above 10 kills. HUmiliated other team, F-ing awesome. Char's name is Cirliq, check it out of you don't believe guys. This worked for me. Oh and the only reason i was able to push soo much was because my spells were tele and flash, wouldn't of been able to happen without the change from ignite. Good call man. Take it easy and thanks for the build.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-10-2010

Sheen before nashors. Be careful when building sorc shoes, mercury are generally better.

ZGBudai

01-10-2010

Building Twisted Fate like a giant class cannon? Hmm... I don't like it much considering he only has two damaging spells.

Not saying your build is 'wrong' but I prefer to survive for more then 3 seconds.

devotionx

01-10-2010

i experienced always to be the focus of enemy ganks and attacks when i play fate.
so i think theres a big need for survival items. an early catalyst or some stuff

Greenthumbz

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNOY View Post
Well, if you are so good that you run around with almost 0 survivability items all mid game, I wont even argue with you.
A correctly played twisted fate needs only one survivability item, his gold card.
Flash and a gold card should get you out of any situation you've foolishly gotten yourself into, however nobodies perfect which I was I recomend the Banshee Veil, this should cover your oh **** moment, long enuff to gold card n flash away. IF not your death was written in the cards anyway.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

taerang starts with boots then sheen. then merc treads.