Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue Comet

01-09-2010

No sense in complaining so much about OPness when the champ has yet to be seen in action, i mean it's not like tower diving's a new thing or anything and it's definately not going to change the fact that noobs are still gonna feed since a team can beat immunity champs if their smart enough. I like new content in any form from Riot, obviously prefering some over others but accepting the changes to the game a breath of fresh air (in most cases anyways).

One example would be that I am in total agreement that I would definately prefer new maps in the future, have Twisted Treeline as a Normal Game option for example since I like earning good IP/XP when I play over practice games that are worth as much as a normal game loss when u win .

Sabotaj

Recruiter

01-09-2010

Uh, no. As far as I know, Meglings used to be a race in the beta. Then the loreguys apparently decided to get lazy and included them in the yordles. There's been much discussion about this.

Not that it matters one bit, I don't care much about lore. But as far as I'm concerned, a guy that looks like a badger is in no way related to a blue dwarf. Fail, Riot. I you wanted to be of the same race, maybe you should have given them a bit more in common than size.

As far as I'm concerned, Megling is a race \o/

SkepticalMind

01-09-2010

Quote:
Sabotaj:
Uh, no. As far as I know, Meglings used to be a race in the beta. Then the loreguys apparently decided to get lazy and included them in the yordles. There's been much discussion about this.

Not that it matters one bit, I don't care much about lore. But as far as I'm concerned, a guy that looks like a badger is in no way related to a blue dwarf. Fail, Riot. I you wanted to be of the same race, maybe you should have given them a bit more in common than size.

As far as I'm concerned, Megling is a race \o/

Yeah because human beings are all definitely a uniform color and look identical to one another. Oh wait.

I just figured male and female Yordles looked different.

Sabotaj

Recruiter

01-09-2010

Reading is good. Try it.

If size defines a race, then anything the size of a human is human.

Yordles and Meglings have exactly 1 thing in common: size. Color is different, but as you've so brilliantly stated, in humans as well. Nose is completely different, Meglings having a humanoid one, Yordles having a nose more like rodents, felines or canines. Ears are different, Trist's being elf like, Teemo's like a raccoon.

Nope, I'm sorry. Not the same race.

Although, I must admit, males and females looking different could work, the rest of the yordles (veigar, mumu), being covered up, we don't know what they look like. Seems a bit much to me though, but eh.

sycsadist

01-09-2010

grats!

Sherpa

01-09-2010

Can't wait for this hero

artemisFowlZ

01-09-2010

[QUOTE=Pendragon;493232]A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

ZOMG A NEW CHAMPION!!! Hope she owns cause now most melee champions are harder to use.Could u guys also come out with new ranged champions?Cause there seem to be more melee then ranged......

KiefaH KiefaH

01-09-2010

I like cute little champs
Hurry up with the patch

melanclock

01-09-2010

Quote:
Pendragon:
  • Diplomatic Immunity - Poppy focuses intently on a single target, dealing increased damage to them. Poppy is immune to any damage and abilities from enemies other than her target.

It's just been revoked *Bang*

Lord Thanatos

Recruiter

01-09-2010

Beat you guys to the news :P ... posted a thread before ye
Just go here -> http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=44307

Still, as some overall before-play impressions: she sounds kinda boring ... I mean good survivability but not so fun to play with. Hope the new patch proves me wrong