Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lozrat

Recruiter

01-08-2010

Quote:
Istarune:
Correct me if I'm wrong but...

Megling is the NAME of the founder of the commandos, not a RACE.

I always assumed the male and female yordles looked different...

This. If anyone actually read the lore it says "Megling, the founder of the commandos". Tristana is a Yordle. The name of her commando unit is the "Meglings", hence "Megling Commando"

Mishaim

01-08-2010

HOLY ****!!! i never played in the test realms and this is the first ive head of her, and just by reading about her abilities its quite obvious that she is clearly the most OPed character of all...There goes the fun in the game.=S

Nobaar

01-08-2010

although i find immunity heros annoying, they are pretty easy to counter. as long as no one gets fed (or we are both fed) i dont have much difficulty going against them. janna simply runs/slows/throws them for the duration, amu is pretty stun heavy, heck boots can do the job in most cases. there are counters to most things in the game

Nobaar

01-08-2010

Quote:
Mishaim:
HOLY ****!!! i never played in the test realms and this is the first ive head of her, and just by reading about her abilities its quite obvious that she is clearly the most OPed character of all...There goes the fun in the game.=S

numbers werent included so you dont know for sure the damage and until you see her play you cant give anything more than guesses. i saw a ton of people saying udyr was gonna be op when released and he was way too underpowered. then again nidalee was pretty op so maybe we'll get a goldylocks-type story and itll be just fine

not a mormon

01-08-2010

are we talking damage immune or everything immune?

Yana

01-08-2010

I read, can't remember where, that it's *total* immunity. Err, except from the target she's "dueling" that is. Hence, crazy OP, just target a weak hero or one who's not very effective against you. I dunno, maybe it would need to be point blank range?... then it might be bearable.

Schn

01-08-2010

Who writes the stories? Most of them are pretty average and there's quite a bit of cliche.

Nabonidus

01-08-2010

Quote:
Yana:
As somebody who obviously hasn't tired her...

She looks crazy imba, and I'm not just talking about her ult. Check out her passive, on the LoL site it says if over 10%, halve damage taken. So basically she can tank like crazy without actually needing tank items. Nukes are highly ineffective vs her, as are crits and crit based heroes. She also seems very item undependant, especially when you throw in the damage an 8% damage done skill can do (damage without damage items).

And people who say kayle's ult does the same thing (except better), the difference here isn't unkillability, it's the immunity to CC. So she'll be able to ult on a feeder, rush in and own them, then die horribly (maybe). How am I supposed to shut her down if she can do that? And of course in high ELO games, she can always just ult on the weakest character on my team and easily remove them.

Just looking at the skills, she appears so unbalanced in concept that the only way for her to not wreck the game is to nerf her to oblivion.

On one hand, I agree that her passive is pretty harsh, and lets her be an effective tank without stacking tank gear. But on the other....AP cho'gath can still get to 4-5k health easy, and his nuke deals pure damage. Ever seen an unstoppable cho'gath lumber in, tank your entire team, and nuke you for 1.3k? Not fun.

I think the problem is the way it's implimented; I always saw Poppy as designed to be a counter hero to attack speed/crit stackers like Yi, Tryndamere, etc. However, if they were doing that, I think it'd be better for her to have a chance on being hit to take 50% less damage for 1 hit or a few seconds, or whatever. This way, mages wouldn't suffer as much as the current DPS kings, making them a viable foe for Poppy.

As for her ult, people forget, she's immune to damage from all sources except her marked target. And she has no real CC, so most ranged should be able to keep her slowed and out of range, especially given heroic charge's somewhat short range. The only people she'll effectively lock down is melee DPS without a Kayle or other support hero. In which case, well, anti-carry working as intended, imo.

I think a lot of people are crying wolf here; she's new and unfamiliar, and all most have to go by is what's on paper. I'm willing to bet way more people are gonna cry OP on the new Udyr, IMO.

DragonArmy

01-08-2010

Alazar, Kayle, And Trynd haves similar effects and they aren't OP

Rollo

01-08-2010

OMG! I DO get to play my gnome tank in LoL.

ahem excuse me. yordle. LoL, not WoW.

Passive seems like the anti carry. Something tells me her plus Alistar (two tough dudes jumping out of nowhere and pushing you into a sea of carrys) will be migraine inducing :P