Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TiberiusAudley

Adjudicator

01-08-2010

Echoing others: Definitely a Megling, not a Yordle. Paycut for lore writer.

Jason Only

01-08-2010

As a Tank Enthusiast, I'm really curious to see how she performs in the game. The values and utility look a little on the strong side.

Good job, Riot.

Skunter

01-08-2010

am i the only one who thinks they should make more maps before they put out new champions?

Lilaneth

01-08-2010

Quote:
Atonement:
You wish for a balanced game, yet you give certain champions immunity. Is the team that is creating champions mentally ******ed? You will NEVER balance immunity. sure stunning said person means they cant go immune, or slowing them until its over. but that means your entire team spends everything stopping that person. Mainly because you give those with immunity more damage then most champions.. Look at tryndamere, you can't say that is balanced. Being auto attacked for 1500 is bs. Now this poppy is doing 8% of someones health with 1 move? stack some damage and Cooldown reduction and immunity just means game over for a tower.

Get creative ffs. is your entire team sitting there scartching thier heads and looking at each other until someone says hey I know how we can balance the game, Lets make more immunity, that will work. Of course the rest of the team goes oh yeah thats awesome high 5.

instead of introducing more heros that everyone without skill is going to play, how about you balance your current champions. there is still a lot of work needed..

This is a great game, I love it, but your slowly turning it into ****. think about this. Kayle Poppy Tryndamere on a team, no group will have enough stuns to stop that. Game over. Obviously you haven't read the posts that the test relm players have been saying, I have read the posts multiple times, 90% of them give perfect suggestions on how to balance the character, and here you are not listening, like usual.

I give this game 6 months before theres 5 immunity champions, and then it will just be 5v5 and who can force who to pop it first.

Echoed.
Riot, I love the game, but, maybe you should focus on quality and not quantity when it comes to champs...hmm?
Let's try a couple new maps.
And maybe, you could balance some of your existing characters...
I can't count the number threads I've seen calling for nerfs on Twitch and other OP characters, and I also couldn't agree more.
I'm getting sick of getting stomped because everyone on the opposing teamed picked OP characters and there not being a **** thing anyone can do about it.

Istarune

01-08-2010

Quote:
TiberiusAudley:
Echoing others: Definitely a Megling, not a Yordle. Paycut for lore writer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

Megling is the NAME of the founder of the commandos, not a RACE.

I always assumed the male and female yordles looked different...

13rodie

01-08-2010

i say props. Riot. im gunna have to agree, League of Legends offers such a wide variety of AMAZINGLY creative toons, champs, heroes, fighters (whatever you want to call them) in a videogame that i have seen in a very long time. Each VERY unique from each other (not including race or city of origin).

so props i say! keep up the amazing work. you have many fans!

Vegystick

01-08-2010

this is like an exact cross between veigar and tarick, the short joke thing and the hammer where suspicious but that pic just really did it for me, still its a new summoner and im not complaining

Miyamiya

Recruiter

01-08-2010

I love female tanks!

On a side note: I don't know the difference between Yordles and Meglings, but this looks like whichever one Tristana is.

Dyllyn

Recruiter

01-08-2010

Doesn't her passive significantly weaken the effectiveness of burst heroes like Annie? I like 3 hitting people with the spell combo : (

AdmiralKrunk

Recruiter

01-08-2010

I agree with the whole "more new maps, less new champs" thing. But the hard part about new maps is that they're extremely hard to balance. Different number of players on different maps means some heroes get insanely overpowered or unkillable on different maps (i.e. Cho'gath on Twisted Treeline). Also, little aspects of the terrain and brush can mean a big advantage for certain heroes. But it'll boil down to the fact that if you really want a well balanced AoE game, the maps are going to need to all be 5v5.

What I really think Riot should do is focus on balancing the heroes they have while keeping a few new map ideas in mind. Balance the heroes and create the maps. Because, while new heroes are nice and all, let's look at some of the more recent hero releases: Heimer - Trash; Udyr - Got buffed but still rarely played (and a good one is even rarer); Nidalee - Decent but never seen. And what are the heroes that we all see every game? Twitch, Yi, Kat, Ashe, etc. Heroes that have been around for a while.

Anyways, as for the hero, she looks fun. I was hoping for a little more badass look when I heard about some of her abilities, but whatever I don't really care all that much. By the sound of her abilities, she seems OP, but that's what I thought about Udyr and Nidalee before they were released and I was wrong about that. Since I haven't had the chance to hop on the test realm and try her out, I guess I will just have to wait and she what she's like when she's released.