Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yana

01-08-2010

As somebody who obviously hasn't tired her...

She looks crazy imba, and I'm not just talking about her ult. Check out her passive, on the LoL site it says if over 10%, halve damage taken. So basically she can tank like crazy without actually needing tank items. Nukes are highly ineffective vs her, as are crits and crit based heroes. She also seems very item undependant, especially when you throw in the damage an 8% damage done skill can do (damage without damage items).

And people who say kayle's ult does the same thing (except better), the difference here isn't unkillability, it's the immunity to CC. So she'll be able to ult on a feeder, rush in and own them, then die horribly (maybe). How am I supposed to shut her down if she can do that? And of course in high ELO games, she can always just ult on the weakest character on my team and easily remove them.

Just looking at the skills, she appears so unbalanced in concept that the only way for her to not wreck the game is to nerf her to oblivion.

smokeD

01-08-2010

Quote:
Maleseism:
You really love your cute little girl champs don't you Riot?

Kinda creepy right.

smokeD

01-08-2010

Quote:
Maleseism:
You really love your cute little girl champs don't you Riot?

Kinda creepy right.

lavabuster

01-08-2010

wat.. she's a Yordle? Looks like a megling to me.

Frenchie

01-08-2010

stop making champions, start making more maps.

Nubiaterising

01-08-2010

More champs,but no maps? This kind of logic,is exactly why I am playing less,and less.

Cukos

Recruiter

01-08-2010

Totally a Megling... No way that is a Yordle... Riot, please be more consistent. Some of us actually enjoy reading the lores.

And this tank does not look OP at all. Unless her Ultimate is a Global Ability like Gangplank I don't see it being a problem at all. And I can't imagine it having a long duration or continuing to work after the champion dies. From the description it sounds like she's only good in group fights. But that's all tanks so there is nothing to be concern about. I'm sure there are many more champions that can jack her up.

Maybe she really is a Yordle and only got so ugly after having her face bashed in with her own hammer.

defrost

01-08-2010

Quote:
Maleseism:
req: Ice Climbers

req: Pit ... to kick your ass and come back to stage after with my supre flying power

Omnizoom

01-08-2010

Cant wait to play this champ, she does look awesome, and what is with riot and the new champs and no maps? need a bit more balance between maps and champs yet a lil birdy told me a new map "was" coming cant remember the name for the life of me though.

01-08-2010

This champion rapes, I just wish it was a dwarf male