Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches: Poppy, the Iron Ambassador

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sephofdeath

01-08-2010

no, her ult will be OP with tower diving at 6 and etc.
in the ult description it says that poppy can target a single target... so that means not only champs?
so you could target a minion and essentially be immune to everyone else including champions... kinda OP imo.

banduan

01-08-2010

if you cut off her ponytails does her head bleed?

Gantz

Recruiter

01-08-2010

Quote:
sephofdeath:
no, her ult will be OP with tower diving at 6 and etc.
in the ult description it says that poppy can target a single target... so that means not only champs?
so you could target a minion and essentially be immune to everyone else including champions... kinda OP imo.

wait so r u saying that people can't dive towers at lvl 6 now. man i must be hackin the game

immp

01-08-2010

Riot ought to make the new new champs rotate for 2 weeks

ChriscoBerwick

01-08-2010

A) the last comment made me laugh...because its true,
B) Love so many character concepts in this game, but this character doesnt suit her moves at all...the face could have been improved,
C)This is friendly Criticism. Read these comments and Learn from them,
D)This character should have been a Lawn Gnome..lol

DDXProject

01-08-2010

She reminds me of Miss Swan..... XD

HeyJon

01-08-2010

Such a freaking hottie! Omg!

Epimyth

Recruiter

01-08-2010

Quote:
spheres:
They will probably wait until people have bought this champion before they nerf her down to reasonable levels. Seems like a good business model to me:

1. Create extremely overpowered champion
2. Allow her to be played for free so everyone can know she is crazy overpowered.
3. Wait till everyone buys her after the free period is over.
4. Nerf the **** out of her before the community all quits the game due to balance reasons.
5. Laugh manically to yourself because you just made a **** ton of money.

Sounds like a plan guys, keep up the good work.

Sounds about right. If she is as overpowered as I've heard (and looks to be based on ability descriptions) it looks like I will once again have to wait 2 more patches to be able to enjoy playing again.

Atonement

01-08-2010

You wish for a balanced game, yet you give certain champions immunity. Is the team that is creating champions mentally ******ed? You will NEVER balance immunity. sure stunning said person means they cant go immune, or slowing them until its over. but that means your entire team spends everything stopping that person. Mainly because you give those with immunity more damage then most champions.. Look at tryndamere, you can't say that is balanced. Being auto attacked for 1500 is bs. Now this poppy is doing 8% of someones health with 1 move? stack some damage and Cooldown reduction and immunity just means game over for a tower.

Get creative ffs. is your entire team sitting there scartching thier heads and looking at each other until someone says hey I know how we can balance the game, Lets make more immunity, that will work. Of course the rest of the team goes oh yeah thats awesome high 5.

instead of introducing more heros that everyone without skill is going to play, how about you balance your current champions. there is still a lot of work needed..

This is a great game, I love it, but your slowly turning it into ****. think about this. Kayle Poppy Tryndamere on a team, no group will have enough stuns to stop that. Game over. Obviously you haven't read the posts that the test relm players have been saying, I have read the posts multiple times, 90% of them give perfect suggestions on how to balance the character, and here you are not listening, like usual.

I give this game 6 months before theres 5 immunity champions, and then it will just be 5v5 and who can force who to pop it first.

Dssi

01-08-2010

Quote:
atonement:
you wish for a balanced game, yet you give certain champions immunity. Is the team that is creating champions mentally ******ed? You will never balance immunity. Sure stunning said person means they cant go immune, or slowing them until its over. But that means your entire team spends everything stopping that person. Mainly because you give those with immunity more damage then most champions.. Look at tryndamere, you can't say that is balanced. Being auto attacked for 1500 is bs. Now this poppy is doing 8% of someones health with 1 move? Stack some damage and cooldown reduction and immunity just means game over for a tower.

Get creative ffs. Is your entire team sitting there scartching thier heads and looking at each other until someone says hey i know how we can balance the game, lets make more immunity, that will work. Of course the rest of the team goes oh yeah thats awesome high 5.

Instead of introducing more heros that everyone without skill is going to play, how about you balance your current champions. There is still a lot of work needed..

This is a great game, i love it, but your slowly turning it into ****. Think about this. Kayle poppy tryndamere on a team, no group will have enough stuns to stop that. Game over. Obviously you haven't read the posts that the test relm players have been saying, i have read the posts multiple times, 90% of them give perfect suggestions on how to balance the character, and here you are not listening, like usual.

I give this game 6 months before theres 5 immunity champions, and then it will just be 5v5 and who can force who to pop it first.

+1 (facepalm)