Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fast Terrain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Draino

01-13-2011

I was wondering if turning fast terrain on provides a large performance boost on the mac client? I don't use it in bootcamp and would like to know if the performance boost is worth trying to get used to using it.

On a side note is there a reason why searching is disabled on this forum? As I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I cannot search for previous posts.

I have a early 2009 MacBook Pro:
Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

01-13-2011

You are using a very similar system to mine (mid 2009) and I can tell you that fast terrain will help with teamfights where the intensity used to drop me from 60 fps to 40 fps. However, the last two patches have had some slow-downs. These don't appear to be Mac exclusive. In regular laning, you won't notice much difference on that machine. I run very high characters, no shadow, and all medium settings to maintain 60 fps almost consistently with only slight dips in teamfights. Fast terrain has a detrimental effect on your game play even though it will speed up fps. I really don't recommend it. Switching back and forth is even more hazardous as you risk connection issues.

Your machine and fast terrain are not the cause of what you are experiencing. Everyone is finding some lag. Switch to fast terrain at your own risk.

Boompje

Senior Wrenchmen

01-13-2011

Quote:
Draino:

On a side note is there a reason why searching is disabled on this forum? As I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I cannot search for previous posts.

Yes..
The search function need some repair.. both on US and EU forum it doesn;t work.

Draino

01-14-2011

Thanks for the info

kardus

01-14-2011

The VERY slight performance it gives you (maybe 1-4 extra frames during crowded fights) is probably not worth the tactical disadvantage it gives you while using it.