Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion "Stuttering"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sckharties

04-18-2014

There's one particular issue that I'm sure comes down to "wow, first world problems, some of us can't even play"
but...

Sometimes when I play adc I will notice my character slightly freezes for half a second when it goes to "move around a unit" until I get a phantom dancer or the like.

Okay so what, you miss a few cs/trades/whatever, sure. I just would like to know if anyone has experienced this and knows a fix?

Fyi:
Running 10.9.2
Mac Client, 25XX x 1440
Framerate cap "80" fps
Shadows/V Sync: Off

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Running OS X 10.9.2

Currently getting an average of 60 frames per game w/ 120~ Ping (I live right by LA too, and my ping used to be 27~ around last year, not sure if relevant)

I did not have this issue until I started playing again since last season around... November 2013.
Yes my storage is fine and doesn't have much on it.

Questions:
- When I toggle movement prediction off this sort of stops, relevant?
- Is bootcamp better to play on?
- Is there a "Stable framerate secret sub option" and how should I know what cap to put it at if there isn't one?
- Why did I suddenly receive a spike in ping from last season?
- 16 m/s on speed test, 120 in game?
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3448283388

Mike4Real

04-19-2014

Quote:
Sckharties:
Sometimes when I play adc I will notice my character slightly freezes for half a second when it goes to "move around a unit" until I get a phantom dancer or the like.
Okay so what, you miss a few cs/trades/whatever, sure. I just would like to know if anyone has experienced this and knows a fix?

This is pretty weird, I have not heard of anything like this happening yet, but there are other minor freezes going around.
Quote:
Sckharties:
Currently getting an average of 60 frames per game w/ 120~ Ping (I live right by LA too, and my ping used to be 27~ around last year, not sure if relevant)
I did not have this issue until I started playing again since last season around... November 2013.

This is pretty strange. You have a higher ping than me and I live all the way in Boston, you should have a something like under 50 since you live so close to the server. Have you changed internet providers since the time this started happening?
Quote:
Sckharties:
- When I toggle movement prediction off this sort of stops, relevant?

This is probably relevant. I don't know what movement prediction does exactly, but I have heard it said that it helps people who don't have the best connection. Maybe since that helps the issue, it could point to that this has to do with your internet.
Quote:
Sckharties:
- Is bootcamp better to play on?

Well yes kinda, usually people on here who talk about playing on the bootcamped Windows client on the same machine usually get better performance FPS-wise than playing on the Mac client on the same computer. If this problem has to do with your internet though, bootcamp shouldn't change that. You could try it out as a test though, that might narrow it down to is this a connection problem or a client problem.
Quote:
Sckharties:
- 16 m/s on speed test, 120 in game?
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3448283388

When you use speedtest you are communicating with one of their servers, but when you play LoL you are using Riot's servers that's why there's a difference. This is still really weird though, it seems like something is going wrong when your internet tries to connect to League. Sorry I can't give you an exact answer for a fix, I'm not an expert but this seems to be internet related, which is probably a good thing since that's most likely more easily fixed than something that's happening inside the client.

GankAllDay

06-24-2014

I still have this issue where my champion stutters around a minion as I try attacking it. Any fixes?

Sckharties

06-30-2014

Never found one, I play on Windows now. A lot smoother.

Boomer0001

06-30-2014

I am in the same boat as you Sckharties. My character will freeze, everyone will be still, then the game "catches up" to the server side and people (or me) are dead or lost a chunk of Health. I had no problem until this patch, and I'm a certified mac tech, so I know my way around the system to diagnose it and i can't figure anything out. Also to point out, I'm on the newest Mac Beta, but again, I was fine until this patch rolled around and **** hit the fan.

Bk Rando

06-30-2014

same thing happens to me but my character will just moving to were i clicked and won't go to the new spot i click until after a few seconds have 60 frames and 80ping