Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I just wasted my good spells on a minion -_-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoram

01-13-2011

Lets admit it, it happens, minions get in the way, making it impossible to click the champion you want(be it friendly or hostile). Is it possible to have the game realise that I wanted the champion, and not the minion I actually clicked 2 pixels away? Just a thought, its not the biggest issue, but I did ruin a gank by exhausting a minion, igniting another, and using one of my skills on the wrong champion. that is infact the worst case scenario. It doesn't happen all the time like this, but I was a disgruntled goat at the end of it all.

Perb

01-13-2011

I found a decent fix for this.

Open this with Notepad:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\releases\0.0.0.60\deploy\DATA\CFG\input.ini

Find:
[code][GameEvents][/code]

Paste this under it:
[code]evtChampionOnly = [q],[e],[w],[r],[d],[f][/code]

This change will make it so when you're holding down any of the above keys, you can only target champions. It won't affect your ability to cast spells normally.

Example: Exhaust is 'f' and an enemy champion is in the middle of 10 creeps. If you hold down the 'f' key and then click on the champion, it is impossible to hit a creep. If you, for whatever reason, want to target a minion it's the same as before. Press 'f', let go, then click the minion.

Soulwake

01-19-2011

Interesting...Would you have to redo this code every time a new patch comes out?

Perb

01-19-2011

Unless a patch messes with your keybinds (it shouldn't), this should be a one time change.

Lumautis

02-06-2011

but heres the issue with this sometimes u want to skill minions for farming purposes take shen for example u dont want to not be able to vorpal blade minions or not bouncing blade minions etc

Lumautis

02-06-2011

with kat being the bouncing blades or even shunpo

Lumautis

02-06-2011

so change every champ would get complicated

Perb

02-06-2011

Read the example. You can target minions just fine.

TwiztedNature

02-12-2011

I guess some people can't figure out how to let a button go and move on.

Thanks for the info though Perb! Appreciate it

TwiztedNature

02-14-2011

Quote:
vox1st:
Lets admit it, it happens, minions get in the way, making it impossible to click the champion you want(be it friendly or hostile). Is it possible to have the game realise that I wanted the champion, and not the minion I actually clicked 2 pixels away? Just a thought, its not the biggest issue, but I did ruin a gank by exhausting a minion, igniting another, and using one of my skills on the wrong champion. that is infact the worst case scenario. It doesn't happen all the time like this, but I was a disgruntled goat at the end of it all.

Exhaust doesn't work on minions. Ignite does though.