[GUIDE] Twisted Fate: The Jack of both Trades

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uzsibox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2010

Disclaimer: I aint a high elo player. Hell i dont even know what that means. Ive played roughly 200 games. The only thing i can say for sure is that this is the TF build that worked for the best of me and my team. This is rather unorthodox build, and takes some practice to get used to it.
Also this is my first guide, help, feedback, cursing is welcome.

Masteries:
9/0/21.
Jes you heard it right. At game begining i hate to buy mana regen/health regen gear and to focus on offensive items this is neceserry.

Runes:
Dont get runes before lvl 30.
If you are lvl 30 you can choose between a couple of builds:
1)All crit: this pretty much speeks for itself. For those greedy *******s.
2)Health regen/Mana regen/Dodge or Cooldown red. For those of us that like it more defensively

Spells:
Flash is awsome on TF. So get it :P
For the second spell you have to decide how youd like to play. If you wanna play defensively get rally/heal if u wanna gank a lot get exhaust/maybe ignite.

Skills:
Depending on your lane you first either have to get wild cards or pick a card. If you are gona solo get wild cards as you can snipe harass everyone lvl 1-5. Your priority should be wild cards and pick a card (1 point in this, then another in that and so on). Get gate and destiny as soon as they become available but dont put any more points into them till you need to. Then max destiny and gate for the last.

Items:
-Hearth of gold
-Sheen: Gona boost up your ganking abilities. Still try to play defensive.
-Phage: Same as above.
-Trinity Force: The core of the build.
-Boots, preferebly boots of swiftness.
-(Optional:Mejai's soulstealer if you dont die much)
-Infinity's Edge : progress as BF. Sword-> Cloack -> Pickaxe

The game usually end here, but if you guys are having some problems:
-Sell doran's blade.
-Get bloodrazor.
-And finally Guardian Angel.

Gameplay:
As always try to play defensively. Pick a card can get you some early kills, but never overextend exspecially if the enemy can easily disable you (blind, exhaust, stun, whateve).
If you solo'd at lvl 8 you can start ganking the other lanes.
If you didnt solo and the match is pretty even, dont be the first in a fight. Nevah evah.
The great about this build is that it gradually gets better and better as you level up. If you can manage a decent mid game you prolly will be the first at 18 and will have a definitive advantage. If not you already ****ed up.

Bag o tips:
-Spamm pick a card if you didnt get the hang of it. You will eventually get a
gold card or a red card. Also it can help greatly against blinders like teemo.
-Pick a card is bugged atm. Spam red/gold card at inhibitors for lulz.
-Pick a card is also great for turrets. Exspecially blue ones as theyre spammable.
-Play the role of the bait, and PICK A CARD. Very fun if ur partner happens to be ryze and you stun both of the other guys.
-If you are fighting someone and you are both at half health, its better not to run away. Most chars have chasedown spells/abilities that will ruin your day, and if they dont they can always blink to you. Case in point its sometimes better to trust in lady luck and spam Q and W.
-With this build at mid game you will be pretty allrounder. The great about this is that whatever the other team does, you already have addapted to counter them. You wont have to worry about blind, snare or magic resist 1v1.

Ps.: **** im sleepy.

Shatterlight

01-08-2010

Pretty sure Doran's Blade is only one gold per ten seconds, which is completely worthless >.> See the math behind Greed for reasoning. As for the stats on it, dunno, it is your build. Just saying the gold isn't even worth mentioning.

Also, you shouldn't encourage bug abuse. Bad sportsmanship right there mate.

Greenthumbz

01-08-2010

ROFL I love how you lil monkeys like to follow your recomended item list. Twisted Fate is a caster, NOT a dps carry, Read my Guide on twisted fate, it is much more reliable.

Maggeus

01-08-2010

Sorry to disagree with this build, but it lacks of Clairvoyance, and there's Doran Blade. Before the rework, it's ultimately useless.

And I disagree with Greenthumbz, even if I kinda agree with him : TF "can" be build as a DPS carry, only when you get like 3 other casters on your team.
But yeah, AP TF is the way to go.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthumbz View Post
ROFL I love how you lil monkeys like to follow your recomended item list. Twisted Fate is a caster, NOT a dps carry, Read my Guide on twisted fate, it is much more reliable.
Your guide is horrible. Don't bash on other's guide.

uzsibox

01-09-2010

Quote:
What are you 12?

uzsibox

01-09-2010

And btw thx for the doran's headsup.

GNOY

01-09-2010

I dont support phys DPS TF. Never. Anyway 1: why dont you get mana crystal+hp pots or ruby as first item? You just wasting money on that useless dorans blade, while you can get Sheen faster. 2: PaC is 1st skill you level up, or you are ****py TF. Ranged stun > all at 1st level teamfights. I thought you already know it after 200 games... :\

AmyOverlord

01-09-2010

Loving how you can't defend your own guide.

Fail plz.

Charmicarmicarmicat

01-09-2010

Quote:
TF can be played both ways, equally effective, but not against every lineup. For example, if the game requires you to hit and run due to a lot of flashes or assassins, AP is the way to go. But for draw-out fights where you stand somewhat toe-to-toe with your enemy, AD is perfectly viable as long as it contains tri-force.

As for the guide, it's not very good. I could provide constructive criticism but it's painfully obvious.