Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update on DDoS Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotGradius

Associate Information Security Engineer

04-16-2014

<div class="legacy-vbulletin"> <div class="article-body"> <p>For months now, some players have been using DDoS style attacks to take down individual games, players and servers to avoid losing games. Whilst this affects a small percentage of total games, it has impacted a lot of players, and it's something we'd like to minimize as much as possible.</p><p>Our team has identified many individuals behind such attacks, and we have begun taking actions to limit their access to League of Legends through suspensions and permanent bans.</p><p>In some cases, an individual player might be targeted - meaning your home internet service was DDoSed, not the League of Legends servers. This can only happen if your home IP address is somehow discoverable. The good news is that there are steps you can take to protect yourself. First, if you use Skype, make sure to download the latest version. If you think you've been compromised, talk to your ISP and ask for an IP address change. Read this <a href="https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/26501645-DDoS-Prevention-Guide" target="_blank">knowledge-base article</a> for a more in-depth explanation.</p><p>A large majority of reports we've investigated were likely caused by more ordinary sources of lag and disconnect, such as ISP issues and game server hiccups. But if you have evidence that a player is DDosing, please share it with us through <a href="http://support.leagueoflegends.com/" target="_blank">contacting player support</a>. Please include the following information:</p><ul><li>Title on the support ticket: DDoS/Drophack report</li><li>Time stamp of the game</li><li>Screenshots of game errors</li><li>Screenshots that list out the players in your game</li><li>Any time when a player is threatening to disrupt a game</li><li>The game appeared in your match history</li></ul><p>Although we may not be able to share with you further details of the reports you've made (e.g. whether someone ended up being banned or not), this data will help us in our investigations and ultimately it helps you, our players.</p><p>This is a challenge for us to tackle and we're working hard to make things better. Thank you for your patience in this and please join us in this effort by taking steps to be safe and reporting suspicious behaviors that you see!</p> <style type="text/css"> .article-body .region-na, .article-body .region-br, .article-body .region-eune, .article-body .region-euw, .article-body .region-tr { display:none; } </style> </div> </div>

AnAggravatedPimp

04-16-2014

Thank you

trumpsta

Senior Recruiter

04-16-2014

daily reminder that gd loves meeee

Stonewall008

04-16-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9KWODaA5jc I actually uploaded a game where someone loldropped. It (obviously) happens at the end. There were no threats or anything - someone just decided to be a jerk and nullify the game.

04-16-2014

Burn the witch

Iissandra

04-16-2014

thank you. much appreciated acknowledgement of the issue. good luck in your efforts.

VI VI VI

04-16-2014

OH Y?Eah

iburger

04-16-2014

Hey thanks for the update i suppose. Though its hard to screenshot or even give you a list of names of people who might of Ddos because you can reconnect to a game ( like i am now because i was literally Ddosed out of a game 10 mins ago, and still waiting..) and see who they where because am not sure if your aware but you cane reconnect to a game once it happens, you'll always get an error box saying you can't reconnect. None the less this issue is almost out of hand and totally ruins my experience with this game. Thanks for letting us know you at least aware of the issue but i hope you guys can fix this issue soon.

Madmax

04-16-2014

so is there any way you can compensate for players that have been negatively affected by this? I've lost at least one ranked match because everyone dc'd except like one member of the enemy team

AntiSkillshot

04-16-2014

Quote:
Stonewall008:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9KWODaA5jc I actually uploaded a game where someone loldropped. It (obviously) happens at the end. There were no threats or anything - someone just decided to be a jerk and drop the game.

I just saw that video, Stone. Made a comment that has a link to this thread.