Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blind Draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

04-18-2014

Quote:
ManWolfAxeBoss:
I assume this would replace draft queue? I don't think 3 queues is viable.
I don't think having more than one queue is all that viable, considering the state Dominion is in. Either replace all queues with Blind Draft, getting the best from two worlds, or just scrap this idea. Weren't you going to remove Draft Dominion anyway?

Quote:
Mandaari:
As long as it doesn't replace straight blind pick. There are a lot of people, myself included, that don't like dealing with extra fluff in champ select like ban phases.
Would you be okay with it if each ban had a time limit of, say, 15 seconds? That way, games wouldn't take that much longer to start. Because if this is going to be usable at all in high elo, it needs to replace blind pick.

It would be nice if you replaced blind pick in Twisted Treeline as well, though I suppose that map has ranked, at least.

Fancy Wolf

04-18-2014

Quote:
Mandaari:
As long as it doesn't replace straight blind pick. There are a lot of people, myself included, that don't like dealing with extra fluff in champ select like ban phases.

Come join our 30+ minute q times to have nonsense champ select and low quality games that end in 5 caps within 10 minutes.

If we have 2 Q's Higher mmr players will never be able to play in the q with the least amount of people.

Penteano

04-18-2014

Quote:
ManWolfAxeBoss:
I assume this would replace draft queue? I don't think 3 queues is viable.

Not sure this is possible, but I'll see what I can do.

That wouldn't help IMO. Needs to remove blind pick and keep only blind draft. Keep blind pick till some level and after that the person joins blind draft to help lower level accounts that don't have enough champions

What you think about a blind draft with some kind of team builder but simplified to pre ban/pick only (check my post in first page)?

Fancy Wolf

04-18-2014

Quote:
Penteano:
That wouldn't help IMO. Needs to remove blind pick and keep only blind draft. Keep bling pick till some level and after that the person joins blind draft to help lower level accounts that don't have enough champions

What you think about a blind draft with some kind of team builder but simplified to pre ban/pick only (check my post in first page)?

Well Dominion is already locked until level 7 for w/e reason. Might aswell lock it until 30 and you have champs for draft.

/sarcasm

SylianEUW

04-18-2014

Reduce the number of bans to 2 per team and you speed up the process a bit and you don't need to own any champions to play it. 2 bans per team should be enough to remove some of the most cheesy champions anyway. At least we could get rid of Kha'Zix and LeBlanc. Three bans would be nice to get rid of Talon as well.

Penteano

04-18-2014

3 bans pls ^^

SylianEUW

04-18-2014

I guess you'd need 11 champions to play Dominion, then. Unless Riot wants to increase the free week rotation to 11 or 15 or something, which they probably should anyway.

Orphane

04-18-2014

People who keep advising to replace blind pick with blind draft instead of offering them alongside each other are making a grave mistake.

SylianEUW

04-18-2014

Quote:
Orphane:
People who keep advising to replace blind pick with blind draft instead of offering them alongside each other are making a grave mistake.
Why? Dominion is not big enough to sustain two queues, that's why Dominion doesn't have ranked. It's not big enough to have both regular draft and blind pick, and it's not big enough to have both blind draft and blind pick. Either remove blind pick and use blind draft instead, or just skip blind draft altogether. Having both would increase queue times and would make Dominion worse.

Orphane

04-18-2014

Why?

I think some of you have forgotten that League is a game.

You can complain about OP spammers all you want, you can complain about map balance, you can complain about champion balance, but at the end of the day some people just want to log on to league and play the champ they want to play, OP or not. They don't want to go through ban phase, they don't want to be forced to draft ban for the only game mode they might actually enjoy, and they don't want to touch any part of any ****ing yeti for whatever ****ing reason. People will outright quit if you only offer blind draft. You want to throw that population away? Can you afford to throw that population away?