Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blind Draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

04-15-2014

Quote:
malah:
wait

waitwaitwait

hold up

blind draft

why is this not a thing on dom

Quote:
kholdstare13:
this deserves an entire thread.

DONE.

Hey, MWAB? Unless you're working on a legitimate miracle for the map, please put whatever else you're doing on hold and figure out a way to get this to us as a replacement for Blind Pick. I'm perfectly willing to deal with captains making stupid bans if it means at least some of the time we get the worst offenders off the map.

I mean it, you better be pulling some programmer jesus level miracles out of your ass if this isn't at the top of your list. This would be an enormous QoL increase for the mode if you can rip the queue code and transfer it over - I really can't beg, plead, or attempt bribery enough to emphasize how great this would be, but I will gladly try if it'll make you more inclined to do it.

SylianEUW

04-15-2014

I approve of this message.

Penteano

04-15-2014

That would be a great idea! MWAB pls!

They could have some kind of team builder for Dom too. You pick a champion you want to play and one you want to ban in case of you are one of the players that will ban. If in your team someone want to play a champion you'd like to ban you need 2 "yes" votes to confirm the ban, so people talk and decide. Just to make things faster maybe.
Dreaming, I know

Edit: of course the champion you want to play can be changed while in champion select. This is just to help with the bans

HaIfhearted

04-15-2014

Hmm, a tempting idea.

I wonder what implications this would have for Dominion in general, though?
By this what I mean is "how much does the average, casual player get turned on/off by the banning phase?" and how would that potentially impact Dominions population.

FDru

04-15-2014

This is a fabulous idea. I don't know how good the chances are though, since ARAM has been asking for it forever.

Adori Vita Vis

04-15-2014

I would be all for replacing blind with blind draft as a trial - so as not to split the player base - and see what it would do for our queue times.

Hypnos8

04-16-2014

Best idea i have heard at the last few weeks

Fabs457

04-16-2014

couldn't hurt, but queue times would be even more staggering than blind pick

Redeemed In Fire

04-16-2014

Meh, I don't like draft environments generally. But Blind Draft is extremely tolerable. +1

Malah

04-16-2014

Quote:
Fabs457:
couldn't hurt, but queue times would be even more staggering than blind pick

No real reason for queue times to increase, just adds an extra couple seconds in lobby to toss out bans and the pick stage is identical (URF's was faster for mode reasons, no real need to speed up Blind Dom).