Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

(Champion Concept) Avaraith, the Raven of the Flames

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidizarre

Recruiter

05-11-2014

lulz Anivia. xD

I think the Raven concept is less used, since only swain has its theme.

Lutzburg

05-11-2014

Still waiting for Dragon Swain.

STK Gnar

05-11-2014

Quote:
Voidizarre:
Bump. Anyone wanna trade?

I'll trade with you

.☐.

Aerynh, The Vengeful Marksman (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47030444#post47030444)

Voidizarre

Recruiter

05-11-2014

Quote:
DKPaladinMDL:
I'll trade with you

.☐.

Aerynh, The Vengeful Marksman (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47030444#post47030444)

Done! After you answer, I'll conclude my review.
/cleverly disguised bump

STK Gnar

05-11-2014

His Passive -

I like where you're going with this but the way that it is set up doesn't seem like it will work... think about level 18. When everything is maxed, you'll be forced to have your Q always have the intertwine buff, and your ult won't have it.
Also, you could be randomly going up and down in power as you allocate skill points due to one skill going higher than the other and losing the intertwine on both of them during middle-late game.

I can't really propose a simple solution to it, but... yeah. Good attempt though, and I think it might be fixable somehow.

His Q -

So do the marks stack indefinitely? I guess that's okay...
Also, I would feel more comfortable just saying "Takes bonus damage from you" rather than "from fire".

His W -

With footprints falling as fast as they are, I would decrease the MS buff to like 30% for 1 second and have it decay. Also, how in the world does the "does more damage based on how many there are in the area" work?

His E -

The max health bonus is too big for a non-ult especially because you keep it on coming back. Otherwise okay.

His R -

The intertwine bonus, IMO, needs to be changed. Unless you have attack speed or other crit chance, the damage you do here will be all luck. I would go with increased attack speed because that would synergize well with crit damage, but you would still need some crit chance for it to work.

Overall, seems like a decent idea but the passive needs to be changed a bit, or maybe I'm understanding it wrong and you can explain it.

Voidizarre

Recruiter

05-11-2014

Quote:
I like where you're going with this but the way that it is set up doesn't seem like it will work... think about level 18. When everything is maxed, you'll be forced to have your Q always have the intertwine buff, and your ult won't have it.
Also, you could be randomly going up and down in power as you allocate skill points due to one skill going higher than the other and losing the intertwine on both of them during middle-late game.

I can't really propose a simple solution to it, but... yeah. Good attempt though, and I think it might be fixable somehow.

Greater than or equal to, which means the opposite must be at least the same level.

Quote:
With footprints falling as fast as they are, I would decrease the MS buff to like 30% for 1 second and have it decay. Also, how in the world does the "does more damage based on how many there are in the area" work?

He has to stand on a footprint for a second; it is only useful when stopping to attack and not running away as 1 second of movement is far better than that bonus speed. For the question, it means that footprints stack. Fixed wording.

Quote:
The max health bonus is too big for a non-ult especially because you keep it on coming back. Otherwise okay.

Okay, nerfed.

Quote:
The intertwine bonus, IMO, needs to be changed. Unless you have attack speed or other crit chance, the damage you do here will be all luck. I would go with increased attack speed because that would synergize well with crit damage, but you would still need some crit chance for it to work.

Okay, done. Thanks for the review!

Neowolf24

05-14-2014

Sorry in advance about the wall of text, but I like to be thorough when it comes to these things

Innate (Intertwine)

This does add an interesting twist to the process of skill leveling. Most champions follow a predictable pattern which consist of 4 levels of priority. This champion would require the player to put a lot more thought into how they level their skills. The description is somewhat confusing, but this is because of the fact that it is not a simple concept. That being said, I do believe you did a good job of explaining it given the complexity of its function. It is also important to note that if you follow the normal scheme, then at level 18 Q will always be greater than R because Q can have 5 levels while R only has a maximum of three.

Q (Mark of Fire)
The Passive part of this effect is good, but their are some problems. First, is there a maximum number of stacks a target can get? If not, then this ability can theoretically do an infinite amount of damage. In most fights, you would usually get a maximum of about 3 auto attacks on one target before one party retreats. This means you would do 45/60/75/90/105 +22.5 AD damage over 4 seconds. This is an incredibly weak amount of damage to do over time. The active part of this spell on the other hand is much too powerful. If a single auto attack were to do 200 damage normally, it would do 295 damage with this active. Late game, this would translate into this champion being able to kill a tank in a few seconds on his own.

W (Path of Fire)
This ability just seems a little too easy to avoid. If the area is only as large as a foot print, then hitting it will be almost impossible. I would suggest looking at Singed's ability Poison Trail for some hints on reworking this ability. I would also advise against making the damage stack as most players will get out of it fairly quick.

E (Raven Form)
Volibear,Renekton and Katarina are complaining about how OP this ability is. Almost every stat about this is waaaaaay to strong. I like the concept but this needs some serious nerfing done to it.

R (Shadow Flight)
I absolutely love this ability. This is a great concept and it is fairly balanced to boot. You are missing a maximum range but except for that this is a flawless ability that sounds like a lot of fun to use. 2.5 seconds is also a little long for a champion to be locked down.

Overall, this is an interesting concept, but it needs some serious balancing with the exception of his ultimate.

If you have time, I could use a review for my champion Krash the Speed Demon. Here is his link: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4512604

Voidizarre

Recruiter

05-14-2014

Thanks for the review! Checked your champ. Sorry for my review not being thorough, but everything was already nice.

Helix1977

05-15-2014

pretty cool like idea!

Voidizarre

Recruiter

05-15-2014

Thanks for the reply. :3