How best to troll?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snall

01-12-2011

So as you might have guessed, this is a discussion of Trundle.

I personally find Trundle most enjoyable to play in the jungle - starting with a Madred's Razors -> Wriggles, then going usually Mercs and Frozen Mallet to a team-tailored survivability item.

If the game is still going, though, its time to get some damage. The question is, what?

I'm really looking at two choices here:
The new Black Cleaver looks appealing as a stand alone item. Armor reduction, almost as much attack speed as the old last whisper, and some solid damage. The only thing it doesn't give is crit chance/damage, which IE does - at the cost of the armor shred (which Trundle can apply quickly with bite) and the attack speed.

To help me decide, here's some questions:

1. Does armor/mr reduction (Trundle's ult) work similarly to pen in that % is applied AFTER flat?
2. Can bite crit?

If I know those two things, it would really help me decide... but also tell me your thoughts, of course.

tl;dr Best late game damage item for Trundle?

Snall

01-12-2011

All those views and not a single response? What does no one play Trundle after a few weeks?

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Not really, he's okay, but not really deadly like pantheon.
Sheen/manamune/trinity force/banshee was what I built and was nasty. Wriggles beforehand should work well.

Any magic damage from any champ is effected by typical MR/pen rules flat before %

Only abity I know of that crits is gangplanks parrley nothing else that I know of (panth/cait. Maybe)

Tokinatoor

01-12-2011

On forum my Obama-Nation champion suggestion was preatty effective.

Aokei

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snall View Post
To help me decide, here's some questions:

1. Does armor/mr reduction (Trundle's ult) work similarly to pen in that % is applied AFTER flat?
2. Can bite crit?
1) Since Trundle's ult is a % reduction, it will be applied before any other form of penetration, but a flat reduction (Stark's Fervor, Black Cleaver) will be applied first. So yes, it follows the standard rule that % will be applied after flat reductions/penetrations. But because it is a % reduction going flat penetration will be the most efficient way of lowering an enemy's armor.

2) Bite cannot crit, though it will still proc Madred's Razors and other on-hit effects.

Essentially, you want to get items that will give you a flat damage increase or provide flat penetration.

Snall

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokei View Post
1) Since Trundle's ult is a % reduction, it will be applied before any other form of penetration, but a flat reduction (Stark's Fervor, Black Cleaver) will be applied first. So yes, it follows the standard rule that % will be applied after flat reductions/penetrations. But because it is a % reduction going flat penetration will be the most efficient way of lowering an enemy's armor.

2) Bite cannot crit, though it will still proc Madred's Razors and other on-hit effects.

Essentially, you want to get items that will give you a flat damage increase or provide flat penetration.
Thanks Aokei. I'll have to think about this one... Dunno what really fits if I'm using the ult offensively.

If I use the ult on the tank and go after a squishy, though, maybe Black Cleaver is the way to go...

Lightbringer6

01-12-2011

Totally thought this was a different type of trolling. but trundle, no sorry, i dont know how to play him

Aokei

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snall View Post
Thanks Aokei. I'll have to think about this one... Dunno what really fits if I'm using the ult offensively.

If I use the ult on the tank and go after a squishy, though, maybe Black Cleaver is the way to go...
Thats also a good option, but the benefit of a flat penetration is that it will still be effective whether you use his ult on the tank to drop him or to use it as a MR/Armor buff to pursue squishies. You'll have to try it out in some matches and based on what purpose you use your ult for, you can decide what item path you feel is more effective.

Hope I could help. Have fun Trundling!

Gunflame

01-12-2011

Well think about it...
- Someone picks rammus, Galio or just a tank in general
- If they pick Rammus they will use DBC at some point on a team fight. Usually in the beginning right after they hit someone with Powerball
- At that point you jump in. You steal immediately 100 health, +20 armor,+15 MR, shoot your ground **** and go for their Squishy, using pilar of Filfth to block their escape. Overtime you will steal 200 health, 40 armor and 30 MR.
- Attack-> bite-> Attack.

Trundle is similar to poppy but with better overall utility. Of course you can use your ulti ofensively but I think it is better used to boosts your stats in a defensive way

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2011

Ya the views are people seeing how to troll people better.. How troll better with trundle a better title