Help, the game does not open

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cuderola 22

01-08-2010

I have a problem here. My client does not open. When I click Play on the launcher, nothing happens for a while (a minute), but if I open the Gereco Windows taskbar, I see that lol.Client.exe and lol.laucher.exe are open. If I wait, it does the following error: "The launcher has experienced an error. Please restart this application". Now, if I finish the lol.launcher.exe, the client works, opens PVP.net Client, but gives the following error: "Error Maestro - League of Legends has lost contact with Maestro. League of Legends will now exit. Please try restarting the application. "Can anyone help me?

Acetylsalicylin

01-08-2010

Mine does that periodically as well. I have to either open up task manager and close the lol.exe file and client, or restart my computer to have it launch again. Usually after a couple tries of closing the client through task manager, I am able to open the game up.

If nothing works I would try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

cuderola 22

01-08-2010

I tried opening the shortcut LolClient.exe (folder which is air), the client opens, but gives back the Maestro Error. And by the launcher, always gives an error even before the client opens and closes.

Already reinstalled, and still giving the same problems. I already checked my firewall, but I always let him off, anyway, the three executables of the game are added to the list of the firewall, and I do not have anti-virus. In other words, I found nothing that could be preventing the game open, simply do not know why.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-08-2010
1 of 4 Riot Posts

To enter PVP.net you have to go through the launcher; the behavior you saw from opening lolclient.exe directly was expected.

When you run the launcher, use Windows task manager to make sure lolclient.exe isn't already open in the background.

If you're using Windows Vista or Windows 7 make sure user account control is turned off.

Maestro runs over port 80, if that helps.

Also, make sure the game is installed to an appropriate folder. Sometimes the "Games" and "Program Files" folders cause issues. The best place to install is the root C: drive.

cuderola 22

01-08-2010

"Maestro runs over port 80, if that helps." I do not understand this, where I can select the type of port?

Obs: I use Windows XP SP2
Obs2: I installed the game in default folder (c:\Riot Games\League Of Legends)

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-08-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

You may want to install any available Windows updates, including Windows XP SP3 if it applies to your version.

In the meantime, can you post your patcher_lib.log and dxdiag for me to look at?

Dxdiag information

cuderola 22

01-08-2010

Okay, there it is.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-08-2010
3 of 4 Riot Posts

This may not be the cause of the maestro error you receive, but unfortunately your computer doesn't meet the game's system requirements. Even if you were able to get passed the sign in page, it's not likely you'd be able to load a game, or play at a reasonable FPS.

The maestro may be due to the low RAM, so if you clear up some system resources you might get into PVP.net, but it's still unlikely you'll be able to play the game itself. Sorry for the bad news.

cuderola 22

01-08-2010

Okay, this PC is not mine
Anway, strange, because this PC I installed the game, other games run much heavier tha his. Does it really is the cause?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-08-2010
4 of 4 Riot Posts

I'm almost positive. The graphics card does not appear to support the necessary tech to run our game (pixel shader 2.0). The card only supports v1.3 as far as I can tell.