[Skin Concept] Arclight Thresh

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Relogged

04-09-2014

UPDATE (5/27): Because of all the love for this skin, I decided to give the splash art some more justice as I spent less than a week on the original. The new splash art has taken me around 2.5 weeks instead. I hope you enjoy it.

Changes:
-More detail, more lights, more shininess!
-You can no longer see his eyes.
-The lantern is now an armillary sphere. (think the Game of Thrones sun in the opening theme)
-New and improved sigil with more detail and elvish script (it looked the most angelic it me)
-Thresh now has shoulder armor to match Arclight Varus.
-Thresh's boots actually have detail now.
-The scythe looks less derptastic.

INFO

Hi there, I'm Relogged or on Reddit, known as Kluukie. I posted my concept for a "holy" version of Thresh on reddit today and got a lot of positive feedback, so I thought I would create an official thread in the LoL forums to bring more of Riot's attention. I loved Artsed Voidborn Fizz and since that became a reality due to support on the forums, I thought I might give it a shot.

CONCEPT ART

NEW Splash Art: Name:  arclight  thresh new.jpg
Views: 24997
Size:  150.1 KB
I HERD U LIEK LIGHTS.

Old Splash Art: Name:  archlight_thresh_smaller.jpg
Views: 52398
Size:  683.2 KB

Ability Effects: Name:  archlight_thresh_renders_mockup copy.jpg
Views: 54055
Size:  747.5 KB

Full Sigil: Name:  sigil.jpg
Views: 24356
Size:  149.9 KB

CONTEXT AND IDEAS

I love Thresh. While I love my Championship Thresh skin, I thought he could have a more thematic skin (not really digging Deep Sea Thresh). After searching around the internet to see what ideas people already had for Thresh skins, I noticed that most of them are horror themed; which is fitting. But I thought what if Thresh gathered souls for salvation rather than damnation.

And before you mention it, yes, it does look like the angels from Diablo, because that is where I took inspiration from. I always loved the design of those angels and I thought it would be a cool thing to try to emulate for Thresh.

While people think Thresh should be evil and his skin should reflect that, keep in mind that skins are flexible and a way to explore different concepts and ideas for that champion. In this case, like with Justicar Syndra or Arclight Varus, this is what Thresh would be if he worked for "the good guys". Doesn't mean he can't relish and enjoy everyone dying around him though. He just plays on a different team.

UPDATE: CUSTOM SKIN

I have had many requests for me to release this as a custom skin. I am currently working on that. So far I have been able to change the textures on my Championship Thresh skin, however, as it only works for that skin and is a very unavialble skin, I need to figure out a better way to go about it so everyone that wants to use it can. I told myself I did not want this to be just another retexture, so atm I am trying modify Thresh's model and essentially build a skin from the ground up. It's a lot of work but if I do this I want it to be the best.

Love, Relogged. <3

OTHER

If you like this I invited you to look at what few things I have on my deviantArt. I made a Mafia Fizz skin a while ago but it never took off the way this Thresh skin did.

Fun Fact! I do not own a tablet, so everything I do is done by mouse! :D

http://saucycracker.deviantart.com/

IMGUR LINKS:
http://imgur.com/K3jgtOJ
http://imgur.com/RHXyL8t

THE REDDIT POST:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...hlight_thresh/

Thanks for the support (or not support) and let me know what you guys think or if you have suggestions!

UPDATES

4/17/2014: Started working on custom skin.
5/27/2014: Completed new splash art. :D

Coold Masta

04-09-2014

Pls rito

DangerousSteve

04-09-2014

Definitely! Please!

Cipcipy

04-09-2014

I love this skin!

Enone

04-09-2014

make this happen. now.

c0d3s1ing3r

04-09-2014

Rito pls

Doctor Jester MD

04-09-2014

Riot pls

Tynych

04-09-2014

Please Riot i am a big thresh lover. I am sure this skin will bring a lot more popularity to this champ. And make him more fun to play

Dissect

04-09-2014

Riot please

NecroTot

04-09-2014

Riot please please pleaseee!!!