Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

High ELO Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AD TF

01-11-2011

He's my favorite champ. I like his backstory and personality and also he's a lot of fun to play and his melee hits and sound effects are very satisfying.

With that said, is he viable at all in high ELO? What rune setup is ideal? What item build? Obviously Rageblade, then what?

I'm just wondering if anyone who uses him in higher ELO has a unique setup with his runes and stuff.

I find mana per 5/lvl yellows are unnecessary and also the dodge% runes are pointless because it procs so often. I don't really know what runes to use at all save for armor pen reds?

T8mNEiLGTw

Recruiter

01-11-2011

dodge runes are a must. there is a big difference between 20% and 30% (which is about what you get with the skill + runes + masteries).

after rageblade, gunblade is a good idea. ninja tabi too if they dont have too much cc.

gun fu panda

01-11-2011

He's pretty much the worst champion in the game right now. "Viable" typically means a desirable high Elo pick. He's not.

Elrilok

01-11-2011

Quote:
gun fu panda:
He's pretty much the worst champion in the game right now. "Viable" typically means a desirable high Elo pick. He's not.

Hardly...

AD TF

01-11-2011

He's not the worst. Nasus is probably the worst.

gun fu panda

01-11-2011

Quote:
TychoVII:
Hardly...

He brings nothing desirable to a team. He has to lane (his jungle is sketchy and prone to "bad luck streaks&quot, but is bad in a lane. He doesn't scale that hard compared to Yi or Tryndamere. If he gets kited or CC'd at all, he loses all of his damage output. Dodge is a lackluster mitigation type that he can't even get all that much of without sacrificing CC reduction, especially with mages being so strong now. His CC is unreliable, his burst is mediocre, his damage output isn't great, and he isn't that tanky.

Why do I want Jax on my team again?

Sk1n J0b

01-11-2011

Xin would be a better all around pick over a Jax.

Sinnen

01-11-2011

No stop playing him, hes useless in high elo, you get kited nonstop and cannot farm, his jungle sucks cause he has no stun putting him under udyr ramus.

Volkae

01-11-2011

HE'S GODMODE ON 3v3!

No, but really. I wouldn't go as far as saying Jax is the worst champion in the game. He has his uses. I'd rather have a Jax on my team than... a Caitlyn, Heimer, Galio, or possibly even Urgot.

<.<

gun fu panda

01-11-2011

Quote:
Volkae:
HE'S GODMODE ON 3v3!

No, but really. I wouldn't go as far as saying Jax is the worst champion in the game. He has his uses. I'd rather have a Jax on my team than... a Caitlyn, Heimer, Galio, or possibly even Urgot.

<.<

I would rather have any of those champions. Caitlyn isn't awful (long AA range saves her from terribadness). Heimer can dominate a lane. Galio and Urgot are actually pretty strong.

Jax is just bad.