Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Low elo Nocturne build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cheese758

04-05-2014

I've noticed that most high elo players build Nocturne with tank items: ancient golem, randuins, etc. As a low elo player who is aiming to carry games and climb, I'm wondering if this build is viable in low elo games. If damage is more useful, would you guys recommend the new wriggles or ancient lizard, blade of the ruined king or hydra? Is ghostblade viable? I find the movement speed more useful than blade of the ruined king since you can use it to chase and escape.

BawksUvAydes

04-05-2014

If you want to go early damage, you've pretty much listed all of the options. The earliest damage you could get is Lizard Elder - you can just go straight for that before building anything else except maybe boots. If you wanted to keep Ancient Golem instead, maybe go Brutalizer for the cost-efficient damage spike and then go full tank afterwards, upgrading it to either Cleaver or Ghostblade later on. Hydra certainly is viable as well, and makes him speed-clear the jungle. BotRK is also a very good option, considering its synergy with his existing attack speed buffs (more aspd = more BotRK procs).

It seems from what I've gathered as a non-Nocturne player that people tend to like tankiness early on him, and build damage later, which is a bit abnormal considering people tend to build tanky champions damage first then tankiness later most of the time due to scaling. But his base numbers are pretty decent and his CC doesn't really need damage to be useful, so it seems like people are more in the though process of "well you can't really do mid-to-lategame damage with him unless you get extended fights, and you can't get extended fights unless you're tanky".

If you really want to get damage early, I'd probably opt for the Ancient Golem into Brutalizer path, then 1-2 tanky items (Locket was good before it was nerfed, not sure now), then BotRK.

cheese758

04-05-2014

Any thoughts on wriggles/feral flare as an alternative to an ancient item. Based on diamond game history I've been browsing, most nocturne players are building one. I even see Lee Sin's, Yi's, and some other auto based junglers building one. My only concern with wriggles is delaying cdr on nocturne while you're ahead means less ults which means less map pressure.

AwesomeChad

04-05-2014

I highly recommend that you always pick up either ancient lizard or the new wriggles lantern to help with your jungle clear time. From what I've seen, wriggles lantern is very good on physical dmg champions that scale well with attack speed. I haven't tested out wriggles lantern on nocturne but elder lizard is definitely a solid item to build on noc.

BawksUvAydes

04-05-2014

I think everyone's buying it just to see how it is. I've not had a chance to really mess with it, but Noct seems like a champ who could make some use of it.

cheese758

04-05-2014

After playing a few more games, I've noticed that the wriggles is actually not very good if you're team is behind (2 or more lanes are losing). I tend to be camping lanes in these games and I don't have time to farm anything except my buffs so the thing never upgrades. After reading up some more, it seems like the lizard dot even out scales feral flare's bonus damage. I might just stick to lizard, get bork second for att speed, and run hybrid att speed att dmg runes.

Thanks for the help guys.