Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What mage to choose

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sparkle Bus

04-05-2014

Hi I am new to LoL (21 hrs so far) and I am looking for a new champion to play as. I have been just playing as ryze and doing really well and I now have enough IP to buy any champion. I would like a mage but any suggestions are welcome.

FedoraMan99

04-05-2014

For mages try anivia or Karthus which are both very good to learn

3rdWorstPlayerNA

04-05-2014

Try the free week champs (although for a cheap mage you can't go wrong with Annie). But above all, try the free week champs every week in a bot game or just a solo custom game where you can exit after using their abilities some. This way you don't end up spending on a champ you hate.

Mustachismo

04-05-2014

I would strongly recommend buying one of each role - you will have to play all lanes as you level up so get good at all of them. Agreed you should try before you buy with a free week champ.

If you want versatility get Annie who can be mid or Support.
Ryze can be top or mid.
Lux can be mid or support.

Just some suggestions.

IamTitan21

04-05-2014

If you play mid when you get better I highly recommend Ahri. She is difficult to play because all of her damage comes from skill shots, but if you land those skill shots you can easily 1v2.

XxvzzvxX

04-05-2014

Vel'Koz is awesome if you have enough money, Veigar is cheap and pretty good; otherwise I'd suggest the free champs.