i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BremerdanGorst

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Honestly, at this point they should give you a tour of HQ or something, let you see/help on champ concepts/creation, etc, unless this much IP is somehow way more common than I'd expect.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Mundo

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Ive been playing for 3 years and I have almost every champion and skins for them all but I'll never get all the runes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Been thinking about if/how to respond for two days. On one hand, since I have nothing specific to share it seems like the benefit to you guys would be minimal. On the other hand, if me responding sets the expectation of changes coming soon (nothing immediate is planned atm), then I have created downside for everyone involved.

We really are listening for feedback whenever we can - replying/posting is just scary stuff.
Thanks for the reply

This is definitely something that does need a solution, maybe not now as it is rare-ish. But it is a problem that will only grow. Since i don't see you guys speeding releases up back to the point you have in the past, an IP sink for long term is something that would go a long way to keeping long time players interested and invested.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Beers

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
Thanks for the reply

This is definitely something that does need a solution, maybe not now as it is rare-ish. But it is a problem that will only grow. Since i don't see you guys speeding releases up back to the point you have in the past, an IP sink for long term is something that would go a long way to keeping long time players interested and invested.
I don't think it's that rare, maybe 300k, but having all champs and most runes isn't that rare.

I blow my IP on name changes once a week. 16k each time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Beers View Post
I don't think it's that rare, maybe 300k, but having all champs and most runes isn't that rare.

I blow my IP on name changes once a week. 16k each time.
also valid


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SajeBlu

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wulfy View Post
We appreciate anything resembling "We hear you." Even if that comes with "we will probably not do anything about it right now."

I would just like to embellish this point.

Even telling us that you have absolutely no plan of action, but that it is noted as something brought up often, makes the majority of us happy.

Human's love to be heard, it's why people gossip about things with absolutely 0 effect on them. This is similar; even if your posts have literally 0 effect on our gameplay, or the future of the game, us humans love us some good ol' "being heard"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BremerdanGorst View Post
Honestly, at this point they should give you a tour of HQ or something, let you see/help on champ concepts/creation, etc, unless this much IP is somehow way more common than I'd expect.
I applied to riot a year ago

got through 2 interviews


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CommandShockwave

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
I applied to riot a year ago

got through 2 interviews
ooo

what position?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehemai

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Hey Cardboardowl, I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your long term support and to let you know that this is on our radar.

Right now, having hundreds of thousands of IP with nothing to spend it on is a pretty rare thing. But it doesn't feel great for players that have supported us for a long long time and it will likely become more common in the coming months. I don't have any specifics to share but your suggestions and the responses are definitely noted and will help us figure out how to address this. Thanks again and please keep the feedback rolling!
Are you also working on helping people that have a million ip worth of stuff to buy yet are earning about 50 ip for an hour of their time?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmokedAlmonds

Senior Member

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehemai View Post
Are you also working on helping people that have millions of ip worth of stuff to buy yet are earning about 50 ip for an hour of their time?
its called buying RP.