i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineRaiu

04-07-2014

Bump.
I have almost 100k I.P and nothing that I feel I need to buy. Some of these ideas are really interesting. Nice post.

Terrapotomus

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube132 View Post
Everytime rare/legendary/limited skins are on sale, you can read on the forums that those who own those skins feel bad because they paid for some sort of exclusive treat, and now everyone has access to it and Riot lied to them -just read the threads related to, say, the previous Harrowing skin sales. Riot partly agreed with that, sort of. So, maybe not the best and reasonable idea ever..
You might want to reread what you quoted. It said "non-legendary/theme skins." The limited edition skin issues would be moot since they wouldn't be affected.

RakshirX

04-07-2014

30k-50K IP for a skin, sounds good to me.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
1: how many bots exist with everything unlocked?

2: Of course. Everything is everything. I can't spend any IP.

6: Why does anyone buy skins?

7: How does me having first pick for one game for 7800 IP make others second class?
1; His original post was less specific about needing 100k IP to convert.

6; His orginal idea was refund tokens, not discount tokens.

7; Just the attitude of being able to buy more control over the game lobby makes me uneasy. And you'd see a backlash of people scapegoating it similar to the way we scapegoat nearly everything that impacts the outcome of the game, and I'd rather not give those people more fuel.

Epichuntarz

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Hey Cardboardowl, I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your long term support and to let you know that this is on our radar.

Right now, having hundreds of thousands of IP with nothing to spend it on is a pretty rare thing. But it doesn't feel great for players that have supported us for a long long time and it will likely become more common in the coming months. I don't have any specifics to share but your suggestions and the responses are definitely noted and will help us figure out how to address this. Thanks again and please keep the feedback rolling!
I'm above 40k and I'd like ot be able to do something with it. I have lots of run pages, runes, and every champ.

Personally, I'd like to be able to gift items bought with IP, even if it meant the champs/runes/pages cost double/triple when gifting.

Streamers would be able to gift it to viewers as prizes, people would be able to gift to teammates, people could gift champs to friends or alternate accounts

Qube132

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapotomus View Post
You might want to reread what you quoted. It said "non-legendary/theme skins." The limited edition skin issues would be moot since they wouldn't be affected.
You are right, I am wrong, so I edited and downvoted my previous post. Thanks for correcting and apologies!

GG Crono

04-07-2014

I don't quite have 300k. But I do have more than I know what to do with. And I would love to be able to buy champs for friends of mine as gifts with it.

30 Helens

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Hey Cardboardowl, I just wanted to pop in and thank you for your long term support and to let you know that this is on our radar.

Right now, having hundreds of thousands of IP with nothing to spend it on is a pretty rare thing. But it doesn't feel great for players that have supported us for a long long time and it will likely become more common in the coming months. I don't have any specifics to share but your suggestions and the responses are definitely noted and will help us figure out how to address this. Thanks again and please keep the feedback rolling!

I have hundreds of thousands of IP and nothing to spend it on. Been that way for at least a year now.

iheartmanbutt

04-07-2014

I've gotten a kick out of buying namechanges with excess rp. lol.

Makneto

04-07-2014

Renting skins is a really good idea. This would be great in champ select