i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prepare Yourself

04-06-2014

Buy every rune, rune page, and champion? you can try to collect them all

Gensokyo Warfare

04-06-2014

Gifting ip would become an issue with smurfs and stuff. However, it might be a good idea to be able to gift t3 runes perhaps? People below level 20 wont be able to use them, its not gifting champions(which feels like a bad idea) and its a way to burn ip.

EzraTwitch

04-06-2014

I have every champ and a 120,000 IP. Personally I like the idea of IP Gifting, just put a restrictions on it, like you have to have been friends with someone for 4 weeks before you can gift them. Hopefully that would discourage farming.

Qube132

04-07-2014

Gifting + Renting combo : For one game, rent a champion or a skin for other players in your team.
This one would promote good spirit, allow people to try stuff, and be nice to each other.

I currently own all the champions and runes I want to play with, and have more than 20k IP left, that I will only use to buy upcoming champions (or maybe runes after they are reworked). I would love to say in the pre-game lobby "Hey team, who wants to try this new champion?" or "Wanna try this awesome Janna stormy weather skin, buddy?". Renting beautiful skins for teammates is great because you get to see them too .

Real world IP usage :
-LoL cool goodies (unique mugs / T-shirts / mousepads / bowties)
-free or reduced price entrance to live events / access to some VIP seats (front row yelling! Hug a Rioter! free snack!)
-a group visit to Riot offices, including a beer / cup of tea with Rioters and meeting other hardcore LoL players (group hugs! Appointment with Life Coach Xelnath! Challenge Dance Dance Revoluphreak!)

About point 10 : remember IP is just a measure of how many hours you played. Trolls and non-honorable players also earn lots of IP, too, so don't consider high IP players are automatically wise and nice (like you).
Honor is not something you earn by playing a lot, but by being a good guy. Oldies should not have any more saying in this than newbies.

Riizq

04-07-2014

I have like 100k on my PBE account. Do I get something? :P Jk

Lol I have like 3k IP.

slipstreem

04-07-2014

I think that being able to rent skins for IP at something similar to 1k(or the RP price in IP for the rental) a pop seems like the most reasonable suggestion on this list.

Qube132

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunked View Post
"6: Allow people who have everything to purchase a "sale" token which makes all non legendary/theme skins to be half price for one purchase. This way you are getting more RP anyway 7800IP."
Best and reasonable idea ever!
Attachment 939359
Everytime rare/legendary/limited skins are on sale, you can read on the forums that those who own those skins feel bad because they paid for some sort of exclusive treat, and now everyone has access to it and Riot lied to them -just read the threads related to, say, the previous Harrowing skin sales. Riot partly agreed with that, sort of. So, maybe not the best and reasonable idea ever..

EDIT: OWWW My bad : I didn't see the "non-" in "non-legendary/theme" : it was at the end of the line, and I skipped it, reading too fast to the line below. Forget this post, please!

HandheldBrandon

04-07-2014

I too have way too much IP. I made a thread about it not long ago i was sitting at 99k IP and i own every champ and rune that i could possibly need. My only option to spend IP is... YOU GUESSED it a name change so i changed my name a few times but now im sick of just doing that,

Qube132

04-07-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
What about buying cosmetic stuff for your summoner and forum profile for only IP? Like a prestige system?
If there should be some prestige system, it should be based on honors collected, not the numbers of hours played (which IP actually represents). But I think forum prestige and game prestige are very different thing and should not interfere -though I agree nice in-game people may be nice forum people too. But some people play a lot and are trolls; some play little and should be listened to, so it is risky to link both environments.

On a side note, forum prestige should not be based only the number of posts nor upvotes (trolls post and are upvoted a lot, too); some math should have to be put in to detect the most positive/productive contributors.

Arduno

04-07-2014

maybe add titles to your summoner name too

it doesnt do much but it could be added for people who would really like it