i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

omgmath

Junior Member

04-05-2014

Paradox:

Assume they have implemented #5.
Then, with 0 tokens, you buy a refund token for 7800, and use that token to refund your purchase of said refund token (assuming they make that purchase refundable).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pikmints

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

In order, mega yes, yes, no, yes, yes, maybe, leaning towards no, no, leaning towards no, and no.

1.The IP to RP transfer was something I always wish they put in the game, even if it were exclusive to people that couldn't get use out of IP any more.
2.I pretty much agree with this for the same reason I agree with the first one, except if only one were to be implemented I'd prefer the first one since you could still buy IP boosts to help yourself along and it ensures that your IP isn't permanently at a non-zero value.
3.That would be abusable by people to buy anything they want since they have a "rich" friend.
4.Why not? Especially so if they won't let you get RP through any of the other means.
5.Why not? I can't imagine these being useful for anything other than getting an exact screenshot you want, but if that's your prerogative.
6.If they're not going to give you RP from here on out, this is a good enough incentive I figure. Honestly not much of an incentive to do anything else but spend more money, but it's something.
7.Well, aside from possible situations where multiple people use these at once and increase their queue times, as well as the problem about forcing your viewpoint via bans on 4 other people. It's good if in the right hands, bad if in the wrong ones.
8.This could cause an unnecessary influx of people into certain Leagues. This does almost absolutely nothing aside from provide the potential for a good screenshot. Possible overloads of Riot's programming foresight could cause bugs with this.
9.I see the point, but I'm leaning away from it for the same reason I'm against gifting large amounts of IP. I'm a little more open to it for the idea of someone still having to play a game just with that passive enhancement, but again I think people could take advantage of it to drastically reduce their time to complete the grind, made only worse if that subsequently means they can start grinding for skins on the few champs they do actually play.
10.I pretty much explained this much before. Maybe make their honor worth more than 1, but someone being able to hand out IP to someone simply because they pulled off an impressive feat seems a bit too subjective and again, possibly abusable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cottonycloud

Senior Member

04-05-2014

I would just rather be able to gift a champion or two to one of my good friends as thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PLZ I JUST HIT30

Member

04-05-2014

I don't think this should be limited to people with "Everything" and 100k+ IP if someone wants to spend their 9500IP on a 450skin instead of buying a champion. Let them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
What about buying cosmetic stuff for your summoner and forum profile for only IP? Like a prestige system?
I'm down with that as well


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
1; Nope. Only way you can ever do a conversion is a market price system. Otherwise you'd see botters farming RP and selling mystery gifts, etc.

2; An interesting idea. Do you include 9 of every rune and 3 of every quint as well?

6; To do what with? Hoard?

7; Players shouldn't be able to pay to make other players second class.

9; Interesting. It incentivizes playing with friends, which is sort of cool.


As for expending your personal hoard, steal peoples retired summoner names for a giggle.
1: how many bots exist with everything unlocked?

2: Of course. Everything is everything. I can't spend any IP.

6: Why does anyone buy skins?

7: How does me having first pick for one game for 7800 IP make others second class?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Numero uno Mx

Member

04-05-2014

i like the ideas of renting out cosmecticseverything else im not cool with tbh, but thats my opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Sean Oh

Senior Member

04-05-2014

i only have 37k ip


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWangsterB View Post
Great idea, I'm not gonna lie, but it would more so than not affect the people who do not have "everything" and over "100k IP."
I disagree


Quote:
Originally Posted by iWangsterB View Post
What do you mean by having "everything?" Do you mean having every champion in the game or everything that you could buy IP with, including runes (9 of each rune and 3 of each quintessence) and maxed out rune pages?
I mean i couldn't spend IP if i wanted to. i have EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWangsterB View Post
TBH, it seems like you want to segregate yourself and those with "everything" from those who don't have "everything." This idea you're offering is a form of segregation, which awards the prestige and disregards the non-prestigious. Being a veteran of this game for however many years, does not entitle you to something better. I don't see this idea as being a motivation to possess "everything" in this game, because you don't need them skins and the upperhand of something. This game is about skills, not about how many things you can acquire. Sure, the skins and whatnot may contradict what I just said, but this idea is still not a GREAT idea. By implementing this prestigious "crown" to those with "everything" or have more than 100k IP, you're insulting the base majority of this game. Getting 100k IP will take a long time to achieve.
I'm insulting you because I want to spend my ip? It's no more segregating than giving skins to people who reach gold for free. I'm pretty sure you are looking into this waaaaaaaaaay too hard. I just don't want my IP to go to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWangsterB View Post
Before I came to play League, I was playing a FPS game called Soldier Front. Despite the fact that there were hackers in that game, this game thrived in prosperity for 5 years. 5 solid years of 20k players. Most of the lobby rooms were maxed out. People had to click the lobby rooms for a minute or so, just so they could get into the lobby. It was extremely crowded. However, this prosperity soon fell, for those veteran soldiers decided it was a good idea to segregate the "noobs" from the "prestige." They were always trying to offer new ideas to the former company ijji, like the way you are doing right now, to crown the players who had been playing for years. Long story shortened, the base majority of that game immediately flew out the window. Now, the game stands at only 500-600 players, 1k max.
that game lost player base bc ijji sucks nuts. LoL and soldier front are not comparable. i used to play alot of ijji games a few years ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iWangsterB View Post
The point here, is sure it'd be a great idea for those who have over 100k IP or have "everything;" however, you need to take into account what the base majority of the game has to say. If the majority agrees with this implementation, then by all means implement it. If this idea is frowned upon, get it out of the way.
Majority opinion isn't always a valid one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2014

Added idea 11.


12345612 ... 20