i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunKx

04-10-2014

thats pretty crazy. you must play a lot. i've been playing this game since january of 2010 and i don't even own half the champions. hardly own ANY 6300 champs because they were being released every 2 weeks but i'd get 6300 in maybe a months time.

should i make a thread in being the opposite of this? lol

ShiggyPiggy

04-10-2014

or maybe you could buy more refund tokens?

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-11-2014

bump

Qube132

04-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
Without getting in to feasibility or pros/cons, the main themes so far are IP to skins in a gated way (rental, expensive, Small IP gains etc), gifting/transfers, gameplay (pick priority) and other types of customization (icons, league names, profile banners etc). Did I miss any categories? Would love to hear some more ideas outside of these areas if you have them!
Yes, you missed some . In a previous post, I suggested :

Gifting + Renting combo : For one game, rent a champion or a skin for other players in your team.
This one would promote good spirit, allow people to try stuff, and be nice to each other.
Renting beautiful skins for teammates would be great because you get to see them too .

Real world IP usage :
-LoL cool goodies (unique mugs / T-shirts / mousepads / bowties)
-free or reduced price entrance to live events / access to some VIP seats (front row yelling! Hug a Rioter! free snack!)
-a group visit to Riot offices, including a beer / cup of tea with Rioters and meeting other hardcore LoL players (group hugs! Appointment with Life Coach Xelnath! Challenge Dance Dance Revoluphreak!)

...though the OP didn't seem to conside conside those "good" (by which standard?) and didn't include them in the first post.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qube132 View Post
Yes, you missed some . In a previous post, I suggested :

Gifting + Renting combo : For one game, rent a champion or a skin for other players in your team.
This one would promote good spirit, allow people to try stuff, and be nice to each other.
Renting beautiful skins for teammates would be great because you get to see them too .

Real world IP usage :
-LoL cool goodies (unique mugs / T-shirts / mousepads / bowties)
-free or reduced price entrance to live events / access to some VIP seats (front row yelling! Hug a Rioter! free snack!)
-a group visit to Riot offices, including a beer / cup of tea with Rioters and meeting other hardcore LoL players (group hugs! Appointment with Life Coach Xelnath! Challenge Dance Dance Revoluphreak!)

...though the OP didn't seem to conside conside those "good" (by which standard?) and didn't include them in the first post.
renting skins for someone else seems silly

There is no way real world IP usage would be practical

FlynnOFlenniken

04-13-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limakoko808 View Post
For everyone else ip gains are ridiculously low.
I used to feel this way back when champs were coming out like one, two, occasionally three times a month.

At the current pace though I feel the ip gains are pretty comfy.

In the past it was hard to earn enough ip for each new champ as they came out. When you added runes, rune pages, and older-champs-you-don't-have-yet to the mix, it felt like you'd never be able to catch up to it all unless you devoted a LOT of time to League or paid money.

Now you can get a quick Win of the Day bonus every day, and you'll have enough for the next champ when it gets here and some left over for other things. It'll still take a very long time to get it all, but it at least feels you CAN get it all now.

Ip gains are fine currently imo.

Mr Mystical

04-13-2014

I like this post --- I have over 100K IP and really it just sits there as I have everything -- been playing since Season 1. I like the idea of conversion IP to RP ...even if it's a high conversion rate.

PopeBruce

04-13-2014

My wife had like 300k ip she bought the seasonal ward skin for a year the first time they came out to rent.

I am Razgriz

04-13-2014

Basically, the answer to this is the same answer to the in-game question of, "I have my full build, even replaced a weaker item for a stronger one. Have enchanted boots. What now?" The answer is buying elixirs. It will help gate your resource income but it won't completely diminish it. In IPs case this means you'll pretty much be able to buy every champ still on release or anything else that requires IP.

Regular releases for Icons for IP would be good as well.

Back to the elixirs thing, I mentioned that because you need to give them something to regularly spend on to gate their own income.

I actually like the first pick idea because I don't actually see the harm in that and it can be used indefinitely. So can a purchase of first-class for queuing. No wait times! For a set amount of matches relative to the hopefully high as balls IP cost. They buy it before queuing and next time they queue they jump to the head of the queue.

I honestly like a lot of his ideas on the first page though. IP gifts would be nice.

woodyfly1

04-13-2014

This ain't happening, riots greedy as ****. Most played game in the world and I don't know where their revenue goes. Takes them months for a patch that small companies would take a few days to make