i have almost 300k IP and riot told me to make a thread about it

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Limakoko808

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
It's clear that some players would definitely be interested but there are a lot of additional questions that are beyond of my scope (should it be purchased, unlocked via play, how does it fit in with our other personalization efforts and tons more things that I haven't considered). My opinion here is of limited use as other Rioters are much more informed/have thought about this issue far beyond me.

Sorry if that's not too helpful I'd definitely slog through a best of 5 aram with Fated if it got me a Darius icon!
Hey as long as we know Rioter has at least seen our ideas i think its pretty helpful. I was also wondering if you guys have seen this thread on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...or_an_ip_sink/

What are your thoughts on it? I think it would be pretty cool

Alice Twilight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2014

In all honesty while I generally think League's model for monetization is very good (even if I don't always agree with how it's used, seriously all skins are 1350 these days ಠ_ಠ but really that's part of the problem that seems to permeate almost every aspect of the game) it is considered good form to have a conversion rate of some sort between your f2p currency and your cash shop currency.

Gizaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2014

I would love to be able to temporarily buy the ability to access certain game types (in custom games) for IP or RP. Imagine being able to purchase the ability to turn on URF or one for all on in custom games. Perhaps together? I think people would definitely enjoy something like that. It lets people still have access to the game mode without it losing its 'new car smell'.

lotan

04-10-2014

The problem is lack of the way to spend IP continuously .
How about selling Aram Reroll token by 1350 or 3150 RP (still Max 2 reroll each game)?

TheKrookedKilla

04-10-2014

I can agree with this, considering all my IP goes to what runes I don't own now.

Hyrum Graff

04-10-2014

Another option, though I'm not sure how many people would be interested, would be to sell summoner icons that cost a ridiculously large amount of IP, specifically for the purpose of owning an icon that advertises how much it costs. For example, a summoner icon that says "100k IP" on it and costs that much. Or one that does the same thing but costs a variable amount of IP, in increments of 1k.

I don't think it would come off as 'scumbag riot' because it's obviously intended as a way to show off how much experience you have with LoL.

Drakonitus

04-10-2014

@BuboBubo what about every month Riot offer a old skin for sale using Ip? Master Yi Assassin for example, with a 4800 IP / 6300 IP cost for example.

Plasmids

04-10-2014

I've always wished that I could use a champion's ability icons as summoner icons. Maybe once you own a champion, their ability icon pack would show up in the store, maybe price it around 2-4k ip for all four icons. To own every champion's icon pack would cost upwards of 230k ip at 2k per pack.

This would also increase variation in summon icons. You would hardly see a match where two people have the same icon, which to me is pretty cool. Of course, the only issue with this is that non-completionists will just buy the packs with the icon they want and then never buy another, so maybe it isn't a good ip sink, but it would still be a neat feature.

FatedTitan

04-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuboBubo View Post
It's clear that some players would definitely be interested but there are a lot of additional questions that are beyond of my scope (should it be purchased, unlocked via play, how does it fit in with our other personalization efforts and tons more things that I haven't considered). My opinion here is of limited use as other Rioters are much more informed/have thought about this issue far beyond me.

Sorry if that's not too helpful I'd definitely slog through a best of 5 aram with Fated if it got me a Darius icon!

Slog through? Pff. You'd enjoy it.

kugutsu

04-10-2014

agreed IP exchange to RP. if not possible, just let us rent it please